READY for a recession?

14 Jan 2019 19:09 #1 by homeagain
www.businessinsider.com/government-shutd...onomic-impact-2019-1

A recession in sight,BECAUSE of a king who is clueless and is PROUD to shut down the gov.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2019 06:42 #2 by MountainRoadCrew

15 Jan 2019 07:50 #3 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic READY for a recession?
OH MY...…. Fred, did I hit a nerve? I find it amusing a silly comment had to be sent to the ring....." You can't handle the truth" comes to my mind...… from Jack Nicholsons narrative in
A Few Good Men......:whistle:

16 Jan 2019 11:14 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic READY for a recession?
Sad that the federal government spending has become such a huge part of the economy that a simple "partial government shutdown" is expected to create a recession.
So Senator Schumer and Speaker Pelosi are willing to crash the economy in order to deny President Trump 5.7 billion, or possibly only 3 billion dollars after a compromise bill is hammered out. Sad to see Democrats playing with peoples lives just so they can win a minor victory.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 Jan 2019 15:50 #5 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic READY for a recession?
Your idiot king initiated the shutdown. He even expressed his willingness to take the responsibility for it in a rare moment of lucidity. Remember?

16 Jan 2019 18:20 #6 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic READY for a recession?
I read the posts that initiated a split from the Courthouse. Could someone please tell me what was so offensive?

17 Jan 2019 11:24 #7 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic READY for a recession?
Offensiveness is subjective; what may be to you is not to another and vice versa. We moderate based on whether a post is discussing the topic issue or a member who posted. Posts are split out and moved to The Ring if they discuss each other in demeaning or insulting ways as the Courthouse Forum is strictly for discussion of the issues.

As I've mentioned before, "What you allow is what will continue" and the internet is littered with sites where personal attacks, threats, and fighting/drama are allowed and/or encouraged. We strive to be better than that and have a place that is friendly, welcoming, and fair to all. Offense can be taken so much more quickly at written words because tone, body language, inflection, etc are all missing and as soon as someone gets upset at something someone wrote in reply to them, discussions go downhill. We don't ban that, we simply ask that it be taken to our no-holds-barred Ring Forum instead so we can have a place here that is stress and drama free to discuss the issues that affect us all.

If you have any additional questions, you are always welcome to email or PM me, or reply to the moderation thread I linked above, so we don't take this topic off-course with a discussion on moderation. Thanks!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Jan 2019 11:30 #8 by homeagain

ScienceChic wrote: Offensiveness is subjective; what may be to you is not to another and vice versa. We moderate based on whether a post is discussing the topic issue or a member who posted. Posts are split out and moved to The Ring if they discuss each other in demeaning or insulting ways as the Courthouse Forum is strictly for discussion of the issues.

As I've mentioned before, "What you allow is what will continue" and the internet is littered with sites where personal attacks, threats, and fighting/drama are allowed and/or encouraged. We strive to be better than that and have a place that is friendly, welcoming, and fair to all. Offense can be taken so much more quickly at written words because tone, body language, inflection, etc are all missing and as soon as someone gets upset at something someone wrote in reply to them, discussions go downhill. We don't ban that, we simply ask that it be taken to our no-holds-barred Ring Forum instead so we can have a place here that is stress and drama free to discuss the issues that affect us all.

If you have any additional questions, you are always welcome to email or PM me, or reply to the moderation thread I linked above, so we don't take this topic off-course with a discussion on moderation. Thanks!

ALWAYS fair and sensible to me...….the reason why I re entered the membership (from afar)…...The Ring is a reasonable solution to the "negative feedback loop"JMO
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

22 Jan 2019 09:28 #9 by homeagain
www.cnbc.com/2019/01/22/billionaire-hedg...ning-on-economy.html

Just a heads up.....WARNING signs are now becoming evident.....NOT JMO

24 Jan 2019 07:08 #10 by homeagain
Per the Waspo…….Mulvaney is seeking info on how many dept. would be impacted and to what extend, IF the shutdown lasts till March OR APRIL......WTF.....the king is looking
at his go to solution.....BANKRUPTING THE NATION. (after all THAT is his mode in his
business dealings.)

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds