America Applauds President Trump's State Of The Union

13 Feb 2019 09:50 #21 by FredHayek
President Trump's poll numbers have gone up since his State of the Union speech and also the ending of the government shutdown. Looks like a smaller border fence deal was reached and there will not be another shutdown but you never know with the Donald.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Feb 2019 09:59 #22 by Brandon

FredHayek wrote: President Trump's poll numbers have gone up since his State of the Union speech and also the ending of the government shutdown.

Link, F**d.

FredHayek wrote: Looks like a smaller border fence deal was reached and there will not be another shutdown but you never know with the Donald.

Actually, you do always know with the idiot king. He's a con man and fraud who is now out of his depth.

"It’s clear why Trump isn’t happy. This time last year, he was demanding twenty-five billion dollars for a vast concrete wall. At the end of December, he shut down large parts of the federal government in support of his demand for $5.7 billion in funding and two hundred miles of steel barriers. Under the deal reached on Monday, Congress would provide $1.375 billion for fifty-five miles of slat fencing. In Wall Street terms, the agreement would give Trump about twenty-four cents on the dollar. As of Wednesday morning, he hadn’t yet agreed to the plan but it looked like he would. The Washington Post and CNN both reported that Trump intended to sign the spending bill.

He certainly knows how coercive deals work. When he was in the private sector, he was often on the other end of them. In 2006, Andrew Tesoro, a New York architect who designed the clubhouse at Trump National Golf Club Westchester, informed Trump’s representatives that he was owed a hundred and forty thousand dollars. They offered him fifty thousand, take it or leave it. Fearing he might get nothing, Tesoro submitted a revised bill for that amount. Then Trump called him up and said that he’d pay half of it. “I walked away with $25,000,” Tesoro told Forbes, in 2016."

www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/th...ald-trump-looks-like

13 Feb 2019 11:12 #23 by Pony Soldier
Argument with what? The New Yorker? Why bother to argue with fake news? It might give them credibility.

13 Feb 2019 11:27 #24 by Brandon
You failed to answer a single question from post #18, and now you also have to explain why The New Yorker is "fake news." Saying that they disagree with your cult's beliefs isn't going to cut the mustard, just to get that out of the way.

13 Feb 2019 11:39 #25 by Pony Soldier

Brandon wrote: You failed to answer a single question from post #18, and now you also have to explain why The New Yorker is "fake news." Saying that they disagree with your cult's beliefs isn't going to cut the mustard, just to get that out of the way.

lol now why would I answer a list that starts with a strawman? I ignored you "post 18" after the first sentence. As to the New Yorker, why not look at the record of Jane Meyer? Running with unverified stories during the Kavenaugh confirmation, tipping off Clintons to stories... well, not much credibility there.

13 Feb 2019 11:43 #26 by Brandon
You clearly don't know what a strawman is. And you stopped at the first sentence because your belief that investigating the idiot king constitutes treason is indefensible. Were you even aware that treason is defined in the Constitution?

Jane Meyer didn't write the linked article. Try again.

13 Feb 2019 11:53 #27 by Pony Soldier
Trump's approval rating has boomed to 52% since the SOTU according to Rasmussen. CBS polling during the speech had large majorities agreeing with his speech and the case he made for a wall. Overall, I think the SOTU was a resounding success. The 30% or so who irrationally hate him no matter what still do, but he won over a lot of independents. (Real ones - not the ones that claim to be independent because they don't want to be branded liberal or democrat but really are)

13 Feb 2019 11:57 #28 by homeagain

towermonkey wrote: Trump's approval rating has boomed to 52% since the SOTU according to Rasmussen. CBS polling during the speech had large majorities agreeing with his speech and the case he made for a wall. Overall, I think the SOTU was a resounding success. The 30% or so who irrationally hate him no matter what still do, but he won over a lot of independents. (Real ones - not the ones that claim to be independent because they don't want to be branded liberal or democrat but really are)

I think you better check your sources......61% OF THE NATION does not want the wall....
as TRUMP defines it…..border security ...yes....but NOT A BIG BEAUTIFIL WALL to quote the king.

13 Feb 2019 12:03 #29 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

towermonkey wrote: Trump's approval rating has boomed to 52% since the SOTU according to Rasmussen. CBS polling during the speech had large majorities agreeing with his speech and the case he made for a wall. Overall, I think the SOTU was a resounding success. The 30% or so who irrationally hate him no matter what still do, but he won over a lot of independents. (Real ones - not the ones that claim to be independent because they don't want to be branded liberal or democrat but really are)

I think you better check your sources......61% OF THE NATION does not want the wall....
as TRUMP defines it…..border security ...yes....but NOT A BIG BEAUTIFIL WALL to quote the king.

ttps://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/01/16/most-americans-oppose-wall-and-oppose-ending-shutdown-by-funding-it/?n THIS was as of Jan 19th....it is now Feb.13 the
percentage has increased to 61%......do the research.:angry:

13 Feb 2019 12:12 #30 by Pony Soldier

homeagain wrote:

www.politico.com/f/?id=00000168-e3c2-d3d6-a7f8-f7ea76430001

Looks like 36% oppose. Not super strong support for but not the huge opposition that everyone claims. Interestingly, the hispanic demo closely matched the overall numbers with 36% opposing a wall.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds