The New Green Deal

08 Feb 2019 12:46 #1 by Rick
The New Green Deal was created by Rick
Has anyone here looked into what it is and what it will do to the country? Personally, I think we would have a better chance of changing our military into a massive force of unicorns with lasers on their heads.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Feb 2019 12:50 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic The New Green Deal
I haven’t had the time to read the proposed legislation yet so I am holding off on commenting on it until then.

I have issues with AOC so I am skeptical of this bill until I see what it entails. While we need aggressive action to mitigate climate change, here may not be the way to go.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 Feb 2019 13:17 #3 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic The New Green Deal
I am also reserving judgement...….the new batch of freshman bring MUCH NEEDED new ideas,BUT being seasoned and understanding the macro is also needed. I am encouraged
and excited that "new blood" is now on the scene.....it has been along time coming. I am waiting and watching with great interest......2020 can be "The Fourth Turning"......we will wait
with wonder.....jmo

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds