Happy President's Day!

21 Feb 2019 11:17 - 21 Feb 2019 11:24 #31 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Happy President's Day!
THANK YOU for the link......I just wish TM would make an earnest attempt at engagement.
From all I have recently read....LINCOLN was in a unwinnable unique time in history and
it was weighing HEAVILY on his conscious and his need to lead the country.....the words
(to me) reflect that double edged decision and all the ramifications that would follow. A horrific
position for any human being to be placed into.....jmo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Feb 2019 13:26 #32 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Happy President's Day!
Every day is a unique time in history. Don't know what you mean by unwinnable, please clarify.

21 Feb 2019 14:32 #33 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Happy President's Day!

ramage wrote: Every day is a unique time in history. Don't know what you mean by unwinnable, please clarify.

Ramage.....bolded.....NOT......history hums along for awhile WITHOUT major upheaval...no one pays attention....THEN shit hits the fan and we have a crisis. The crisis comes to a conclusion eventually and history hums for awhile....at least that is what I witnessed over the course of decades. There are defining moments in time that occur....just not EVERY moment.

You are not that unaware....you KNOW what my comment meant....

22 Feb 2019 14:57 #34 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Happy President's Day!

homeagain wrote:

ramage wrote: Every day is a unique time in history. Don't know what you mean by unwinnable, please clarify.

Ramage.....bolded.....NOT......history hums along for awhile WITHOUT major upheaval...no one pays attention....THEN shit hits the fan and we have a crisis. The crisis comes to a conclusion eventually and history hums for awhile....at least that is what I witnessed over the course of decades. There are defining moments in time that occur....just not EVERY moment.

You are not that unaware....you KNOW what my comment meant....

Historic upheavals? It is interesting to note how the 1860's was a huge time for emancipation. In Russia, peasants were emancipated from their feudal lords. Brazil outlawed slavery, and also the US. All in that same decade.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Feb 2019 07:12 #35 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Happy President's Day!

homeagain wrote: THANK YOU for the link......I just wish TM would make an earnest attempt at engagement.
From all I have recently read....LINCOLN was in a unwinnable unique time in history and
it was weighing HEAVILY on his conscious and his need to lead the country.....the words
(to me) reflect that double edged decision and all the ramifications that would follow. A horrific
position for any human being to be placed into.....jmo

I make an honest attempt to engage and you childishly attack the source of an article I post instead of looking to see that everything in that article was properly sourced at the end. I’m done with your infantile posts attacking me for not engaging.

23 Feb 2019 14:34 #36 by Brandon
Replied by Brandon on topic Happy President's Day!

towermonkey wrote: I make an honest attempt to engage and you childishly attack the source of an article I post instead of looking to see that everything in that article was properly sourced at the end. I’m done with your infantile posts attacking me for not engaging.

An honest attempt to engage would include your identifying the speech in which the great Abraham Lincoln threatened to use military force to collect tariffs.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds