''I will RESPECT the autonomy and dignity of my patients''

25 Apr 2019 14:08 #11 by homeagain

Rick wrote: My question primarily concerns the numbers. If only 15% of the population is being treated by Medicare, what happens when that percentage gets closer to 100% of the population (minus the 1% who will never have to use government care)? We can't seem to take care of 9 million vets under the VA system, so how would a future government be successful in coordinating good care to over 300 million people when it hasn't been able to properly care for a fraction of that number? Where is the precedent?

This should probably go into my "questions that won't be answered" thread, but this is a relevant thread for it.

I answered your question IF you reviewed correctly......I stated it would NOT be successful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Apr 2019 14:09 #12 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: It WON'T be successful, since the fubar has MANY moving parts that are sucking $$$$ like
there is no tomorrow.....how to fix the greed has always been the problem.....pharmco is
the PRIMARY perpetrator of this paradigm jmo

25 Apr 2019 16:34 #13 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote: My question primarily concerns the numbers. If only 15% of the population is being treated by Medicare, what happens when that percentage gets closer to 100% of the population (minus the 1% who will never have to use government care)? We can't seem to take care of 9 million vets under the VA system, so how would a future government be successful in coordinating good care to over 300 million people when it hasn't been able to properly care for a fraction of that number? Where is the precedent?

This should probably go into my "questions that won't be answered" thread, but this is a relevant thread for it.

I answered your question IF you reviewed correctly......I stated it would NOT be successful.

OK thank you. I guess I'm the kind of person that just likes people to get to the point instead of having to decipher. So you would not be a fan of a single payer government program I assume?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Apr 2019 16:01 #14 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

OK thank you. I guess I'm the kind of person that just likes people to get to the point instead of having to decipher. So you would not be a fan of a single payer government program I assume?

[/b] THAT WOULD BE CORRECT......I am a self advocating person, who elects to have a partnership with my medical person.

27 Apr 2019 14:09 #15 by Rick

homeagain wrote: .I am a self advocating person, who elects to have a partnership with my medical person.

Well then we are in full agreement on this issue. I've been able to find some good docs after having to leave a couple for not understanding my problems like they should and am pretty happy with who I have now. Being able to have many choices is extremely important when you've had multiple complicated issues like I have and I fear that one of these days I'll just get what I get and have to accept what the government gives me... I won't have the choice to go outside the system like only the rich (and politicians) will be able to do. Those who are not currently having medical issues or have not had them in the past can't relate to how important doc / patient relationship is.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

30 Apr 2019 08:19 #16 by FredHayek
Of course the danger in you yourself being your primary care provider is that you don't have years of medical training and decades of experience. I have self diagnosed before and been wrong. I would hate to die because I was too stubborn to seek a second opinion that might be different from my own. We do tend to know our own bodies better but sometimes your body and mind will play tricks on you.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Apr 2019 08:47 #17 by homeagain
[quote="FredHayek" post=357611]Of course the danger in you yourself being your primary care provider is that you don't have years of medical training and decades of experience. I have self diagnosed before and been wrong. I would hate to die because I was too stubborn to seek a second opinion that might be different from my own. We do tend to know our own bodies better but sometimes your body and mind will play tricks on you.[/quote]

bolded....you mis understood my intent. PARTNERSHIP means a collaborative effort, of
course I would LISTEN to the doctor/np/pa.....but ultimately the decision is mine....that
means I would ask questions,consider my options and seek second opinions or even third if
necessary. IF I had listened to doctors, I would be on a diuretic and an otc med for vertigo.

The diuretic means blood pressure monitoring AND blood panels, because it screws with your electrolytes.....the CORRECT protocol would be lo do (low dosage) diazepam. I have
stood my ground with many doctors (who I never saw again) and found a med. professional
that UNDERSTOOD the correct treatment....a friggin nightmare to achieve THAT.

01 May 2019 11:10 #18 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: [quote="FredHayek" post=357611]Of course the danger in you yourself being your primary care provider is that you don't have years of medical training and decades of experience. I have self diagnosed before and been wrong. I would hate to die because I was too stubborn to seek a second opinion that might be different from my own. We do tend to know our own bodies better but sometimes your body and mind will play tricks on you.

bolded....you mis understood my intent. PARTNERSHIP means a collaborative effort, of
course I would LISTEN to the doctor/np/pa.....but ultimately the decision is mine....that
means I would ask questions,consider my options and seek second opinions or even third if
necessary. IF I had listened to doctors, I would be on a diuretic and an otc med for vertigo.

The diuretic means blood pressure monitoring AND blood panels, because it screws with your electrolytes.....the CORRECT protocol would be lo do (low dosage) diazepam. I have
stood my ground with many doctors (who I never saw again) and found a med. professional
that UNDERSTOOD the correct treatment....a friggin nightmare to achieve THAT.[/quote]

Good luck with your continuing health.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds