Foreign Policy - Globalism

15 Jun 2019 13:20 #1 by ramage
From Claremont.org 6/15/2019. The Tipping Point

"Progressivism’s perversion of our ruling class’s ideas about war and peace began at the turn of the 20th century. It prevailed in the winter of 1950-51 when this class, having committed the armed forces to war in Korea, decided to order them not to defeat an enemy that had already killed some 15,000 of their number, but rather to kill and die to “avoid a wider war,” and to foster an international environment pleasing to itself and allied governments. Since then, the U.S. government has won no wars. More important, it has not sought to win wars. Instead, our foreign policy establishment has spent some 100,000 American lives and trillions of dollars in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere in pursuit of world order, multilateralism, or collective security. It has cited as a badge of superior wisdom its trashing of Aristotle’s notion that victory is war’s natural objective."

I encourage the reading of the entire article. I would also ask is there anyone in the Mountain community that does not know of one or more of those 100,000 dead American soldiers ,not to mention the living casualties of these wars.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds