Democrat candidates for Colorado Senate seat currently held by Cory Gardner (R)

09 Jul 2019 19:03 #1 by ramage
Running for the democratic nomination in the 2020 U.S. Senate race are John Hickenlooper(who knows) former state House Speaker Andrew Romanoff, former ambassador Dan Baer, former U.S. Attorney for Colorado John Walsh, former state House Majority Leader Alice Madden and former congressional candidate Stephany Spaulding, community organizer Lorena Garcia, climate activist Diana Bray, economist Ellen Burnes, and Trish Zornio.
Also add Colorado State Senator Angela Williams.

Colorado Peak Politics 9/9/2019

Can't wait for the democrat debates.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jul 2019 09:30 #2 by FredHayek
Hickenlooper needs to give up his dreams of being President. He isn't far enough left for coastal Democrats and isn't appealing to Iowa Dems either. (I am surprised by this. I really thought he would play better there and in New Hampshire, maybe too white and old?)

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Jul 2019 19:14 #3 by Rick
He's like so many other candidates who know they don't have a chance in hell but want to get their names out there so they remain relevant for some other cushy taxpayer funded job.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

12 Jul 2019 10:31 #4 by FredHayek

Rick wrote: He's like so many other candidates who know they don't have a chance in hell but want to get their names out there so they remain relevant for some other cushy taxpayer funded job.

Great point. Maybe if Hick isn't the next Colorado senator, he can be the next Secretary of Labor.

The DNC wants him to run for Senate. They are short experienced people for 2020 senate races nationwide. Answer the call of your party, Beerman!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Jul 2019 12:17 #5 by ramage
Should Hickenlooper run for the Senate after stating publicly that he would not, will not sit well with the current candidates. I am starting to feel sorry for Romanoff, perhaps he should run for dogcatcher. He couldn't beat Coffman, in spite of the fact that MANY (love those caps HA) republicans stood on the sidelines.
Hick would be in good company, Rubio stated that he would not run for the Senate in 2016, however he deep-sixed his good friend to take the Republican nomination and then back to the Senate. Hypocrites in both parties. I am not a supporter of Bob Dole, but he did resign his Senate seat to run for President, that I admire.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds