2007 backward glance.

23 Sep 2019 17:15 #11 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic 2007 backward glance.

homeagain wrote: markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/...ay-2019-9-1028541586

WTF is wrong with this picture? I read alot of EXCUSES, but THIS is NOT normal.....denial
of depth of problem......rewind 2007? ''IT'S OK, NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT ,just the
market finding its bearings......(if QE is coming next.....watch your ASSets.)

fortune.com/2019/09/23/repo-market-big-d...n-bailout-unnerving/

IF you are NOT paying attention.......REPEAT recession is a distinct reality......(I know you,
collectively, this is not on your concern radar.......it SHOULD be.....what is your game plan, IF it manifest?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Sep 2019 13:44 #12 by homeagain
www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-fed-repo/...-repos-idUSKBN1W91KS

WTF....?????? THIS is more than troubling, it is scary.....njmo

24 Sep 2019 14:26 #13 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic 2007 backward glance.
A huge recession is just what the climate activists want. If more people in the world lose their jobs, they won't be flying, eating meat, commuting to work, using their A/C or their furnace.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Sep 2019 19:05 #14 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic 2007 backward glance.

FredHayek wrote: A huge recession is just what the climate activists want. If more people in the world lose their jobs, they won't be flying, eating meat, commuting to work, using their A/C or their furnace.

Well that's absolutely what Democrat politicians want... there is ZERO upside for Democrats if the economy doesn't tank before Nov 2020.

If climate alarmists want a recession or even a depression they are even worse at math than the nutty field of Dem candidates. We would need the economy to grow by 100% every year in order to come close to achieving this fantasy of carbon neutrality. I'm convinced that most liberal/progressives with functioning brains are well aware of the impossible task these politicians are promising they can accomplish. Nothing will be accomplished with bad economic policies, yet that is what Democrats will be voting for. Good luck with that insane logic.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

25 Sep 2019 09:45 #15 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

FredHayek wrote: A huge recession is just what the climate activists want. If more people in the world lose their jobs, they won't be flying, eating meat, commuting to work, using their A/C or their furnace.

Well that's absolutely what Democrat politicians want... there is ZERO upside for Democrats if the economy doesn't tank before Nov 2020.

If climate alarmists want a recession or even a depression they are even worse at math than the nutty field of Dem candidates. We would need the economy to grow by 100% every year in order to come close to achieving this fantasy of carbon neutrality. I'm convinced that most liberal/progressives with functioning brains are well aware of the impossible task these politicians are promising they can accomplish. Nothing will be accomplished with bad economic policies, yet that is what Democrats will be voting for. Good luck with that insane logic.

RICK, as I recall (WOULD HAVE TO RESEARCH THE THREADS) you indicated lowering
rates was a BAD idea.....yet here we are....lower than your previous proclamation. AND NOW
the great king wants ZERO INTEREST RATES......WHERE is your mindset now? THIS is
more than insane, it is a catastrophic idea....WTF?

25 Sep 2019 12:41 #16 by FredHayek
Europe has even lower rates than the US, are they even more insane than you consider Trump?
I don't like lower rates, discourage saving, but sometimes they are needed to encourage people to take out loans to invest in growing their businesses and keep buying new homes.

25 Sep 2019 13:08 #17 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: Europe has even lower rates than the US, are they even more insane than you consider Trump?
I don't like lower rates, discourage saving, but sometimes they are needed to encourage people to take out loans to invest in growing their businesses and keep buying new homes.

www.cnbc.com/2019/09/12/taking-interest-...-idea-heres-why.html

YOU show me a source that indicates ZERO RATES are a good idea.....shall I post
ANOTHER credible source for my opinion?

25 Sep 2019 13:51 #18 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

FredHayek wrote: Europe has even lower rates than the US, are they even more insane than you consider Trump?

www.cnbc.com/2019/09/12/taking-interest-...-idea-heres-why.html

YOU show me a source that indicates ZERO RATES are a good idea.....shall I post
ANOTHER credible source for my opinion?

www.cnbc.com/2019/09/25/the-fed-will-be-...ont-call-it-qe4.html

IF zero interest rates are the answer....YOU retirees on fixed incomes are the recipients of
the FEDS FUBAR......that includes a vast number of victims.....tighten your belt,because the
Feds throwing shit at the wall to see what will stick.....(just like 2008).....

26 Sep 2019 15:24 #19 by FredHayek
I told you that personally I don't like 0% interest rates. Most of my income comes from savings and I have no current debt, but the Fed doing that slowly got America out of the last recession, along with tons of extra spending.
Want to increase interest rates instead? It would encourage capital to come to America from overseas but right now it seems like we have enough capital. It would also raise the power of the dollar, which would hurt exports. We need more spenders now. Maybe Trump needs to give out $1000 checks to all Americans?

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds