House Votes To Allow Marijuana Businesses To Use Banks.

28 Sep 2019 13:14 #1 by FredHayek
Think this will get passed by the GOP Senate and White House?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Sep 2019 15:32 #2 by ramage
I think that it will pass the senate, if it is brought up for a vote. Cory Gardner(R), Mike Lee (R), and Rand Paul (R) have come out in favor of legalization. It goes without saying that the dems will vote in a block, with the exception of Joe Manchin (D) West Virginia. With the serious drug problem in his home state he may not vote in favor.
President Trump has favored the legalization of Marijuana, but this bill does not address legalization, rather it would allow the marijuana industry access to banks.
The rub is that marijuana is a Schedule 1 drug, along with heroin, LSD, ectasy and others.
I think that Trump would prefer that the Congress address the DEA's scheduling of marijuana first.
The banks, even if this bill became law, would be reluctant to deal with the marijuana industry until the scheduling issue is resolved.

30 Sep 2019 07:38 #3 by homeagain

ramage wrote: I think that it will pass the senate, if it is brought up for a vote. Cory Gardner(R), Mike Lee (R), and Rand Paul (R) have come out in favor of legalization. It goes without saying that the dems will vote in a block, with the exception of Joe Manchin (D) West Virginia. With the serious drug problem in his home state he may not vote in favor.
President Trump has favored the legalization of Marijuana, but this bill does not address legalization, rather it would allow the marijuana industry access to banks.
The rub is that marijuana is a Schedule 1 drug, along with heroin, LSD, ectasy and others.
I think that Trump would prefer that the Congress address the DEA's scheduling of marijuana first.
The banks, even if this bill became law, would be reluctant to deal with the marijuana industry until the scheduling issue is resolved.

[/b]

Observing what has transpired in the LAW for Death with Dignity (in Colo and other states), for
SEVERAL YEARS....I would have to agree with the bolded.....many details surface and
were not addressed within the initial verbiage. THAT created lawsuits and unnecessary burdens for all involved in the process. IT is still being litigated (Centura) at present.

30 Sep 2019 19:38 #4 by Rick
Sooo many problems in this country and this is all they can get done. LOL, worthless

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

30 Sep 2019 22:08 #5 by ramage
Rick,
You are spot on! This bill ranks just above a declaration of National "Something or other day".
Cory Gardner is going to tout this as a signature achievement. Bennet has to dance around it, in that he is running for the nomination for President.

02 Oct 2019 15:55 #6 by FredHayek
This would be a great bipartisan accomplishment if they agree to reschedule Marijuana. Show the nation that not everything is deadlocked.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds