Q4 enters the arena

Replied by homeagain on topic Q4 enters the arena

Rick wrote: Too many posts to search, but were we not supposed to be in a recession by now? I was told to wait for it... still waiting but expecting the goal post to move again. Wait for it...

[/b]

Let me clarify an apparent mis.conception......are you familiar with the term "trending"?

THAT is a macro view.....collecting available information, observing the business/consumer
environment and then correlating the information to forecast probable position or outcome.

The same is true for astrology....it forecasts TRENDS within a timeframe. THAT time frame
is a scope of weeks or months.....or for the outer planets,YEARS. Q4 is not over, my timeframe
is within what is trending.....it STARTED at the beginning of Q3......WAIT FOR IT....
04 Nov 2019 06:44 #21

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by FredHayek on topic Q4 enters the arena

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote: Too many posts to search, but were we not supposed to be in a recession by now? I was told to wait for it... still waiting but expecting the goal post to move again. Wait for it...

[/b]

Let me clarify an apparent mis.conception......are you familiar with the term "trending"?

THAT is a macro view.....collecting available information, observing the business/consumer
environment and then correlating the information to forecast probable position or outcome.

The same is true for astrology....it forecasts TRENDS within a timeframe. THAT time frame
is a scope of weeks or months.....or for the outer planets,YEARS. Q4 is not over, my timeframe
is within what is trending.....it STARTED at the beginning of Q3......WAIT FOR IT....

Astrology? Our lives are controlled by the planets and stars? I guess they are in a way, but only by gravity and how hot the Sun happens to be this year. So when Pluto stopped being a planet, was it taken off your charts?
04 Nov 2019 10:05 #22

FredHayek wrote:

homeagain wrote:

[/b]

Astrology? Our lives are controlled by the planets and stars? I guess they are in a way, but only by gravity and how hot the Sun happens to be this year. So when Pluto stopped being a planet, was it taken off your charts?

[/b]

NOPE, the decision you are speaking of is controversial and NOT universally accepted.
A book utilized by astrologist,for planet transits and positions is called an EPHEMERIS and
my reference goes out to 2050.

www.sciencealert.com/nasa-administrator-...ys-pluto-is-a-planet
04 Nov 2019 10:32 #23

REALLY, utilizing astrology in everyday life is pretty innocuous. You actually do it without realizing it. IF you live on the coast, boating and clam digging are common activities. To maximize your
activity you consult tide tables....lowtide for clamming, high tide to launch a boat. It is the same for
other decisions you might make. You find the optimum timeframe and make a plan. TRENDING
in astrology, is equal to a transit. THIS would be an example of what a transit is.......A train is
approaching a crossroad....you hear the whistle far away, yet you can not see the train, the train
whistle becomes louder and louder and the train appears at your position....it passes you and
the train and the whistle then become distant until finally gone out of range.....that is a transit.:)
04 Nov 2019 14:43 #24

homeagain wrote:

[/b][/b]

THAT is a macro view..collecting available information, observing the business/consumer

is a scope of weeks or months....or for the outer planets,YEARS. Q4 is not over, my timeframe

[/b]

A reminder.....shit is hitting the fan.....right on schedule. bolded
05 Nov 2019 17:25 #25

Replied by ScienceChic on topic Q4 enters the arena

My apologies BB, I missed that they were specifically talking about TV news. You know how I feel about that garbage, right? :biggrin: I have always said that news should be consumed primarily in print, because television/video has too great of an impact on us subconsciously and emotionally, and it's too easy to miss the rapid sharing of information and have time to analyze it before they move on to something else. TV news is for entertainment in my opinion, not education.

No, I was not making any sort of suggestion that media has a bias one way or the other. Obviously some sites do more than others. That's why I often refer to mediabiasfactcheck.com. By the way, they rate CNET as the least biased-high factual: mediabiasfactcheck.com/2019/11/02/daily-source-bias-check-cnet/

Blazer Bob wrote: The newsbusters report was regarding what was broadcast on the nightly news. The point being that they buried the lede. Are you suggesting the media does not have a liberal bias or just that this story is inaccurate?

Verb. (idiomatic, US, journalism) To begin a story with details of secondary importance to the reader while postponing more essential points or facts. The news account started by recounting details of the candidate's appearance and buried the lede by not mentioning his new call for tax reform until the 19th paragraph.

ScienceChic wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote: SPIKED: ABC, CBS, NBC Skip Another New High in Jobs Numbers Under Trump

www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tim-graham/...-numbers-under-trump

This is an example of bias, and why it's important to fact-check what you read and agree with to be sure that what they are saying is true and it's not just reinforcing your beliefs.

Because this claim by Newsbusters is untrue.

The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Your scars exist, but it’s your courage that defines you. ~Nalini Singh
05 Nov 2019 17:45 #26

Replied by FredHayek on topic Q4 enters the arena

The big question for next year: Are you better off than you were four years ago?
For me? I am much better off. My nest egg has tripled since inauguration day.
07 Nov 2019 10:56 #27

Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Q4 enters the arena

homeagain wrote: www.cnn.com/2019/10/01/investing/premark...s-trading/index.html

SSDD........No real forward forecast.......just another fubared finding for Q4

It seems the LA Times is using the same references you are. :oregonwine:

https://www.newsbusters.org/s3/files/styles/blog_body-100/s3/images/2019-11-08_2.png?itok=7BdpRNdWhttps://www.newsbusters.org/s3/files/styles/blog_body-100/s3/images/2019-11-08_2.png?itok=7BdpRNdW
08 Nov 2019 21:55 #28

Replied by Rick on topic Q4 enters the arena

ScienceChic wrote: My apologies BB, I missed that they were specifically talking about TV news. You know how I feel about that garbage, right? :biggrin: I have always said that news should be consumed primarily in print, because television/video has too great of an impact on us subconsciously and emotionally, and it's too easy to miss the rapid sharing of information and have time to analyze it before they move on to something else. TV news is for entertainment in my opinion, not education.

So you're saying that the print media that you trust is not mostly biased the same way TV media is biased? I watch and read both and see very little difference. I guarantee I can show you evidence of extreme bias in any of the print media you find credible... mostly stories that are not told that should have been.

Print media is a mixture of facts (selective facts), opinion, innuendo, and assumptions made to steer the reader into agreeing with the point the writer/"journalist" wants to pound into your head. Tv does the same thing except with TV you get to watch and listen to the actual players we are talking about. I know we've argued about this before and I'm just as curious why you don't think that listening to the words straight form an individual's mouth is somehow less informative that having a third party describe what the individual said. Print journalists haven't been any more reliable and honest than TV journalists when it came to the whole Russia investigation... both groups failed to tell the whole story which left them all with lots of egg on their faces when it turned out that Trump did nothing wrong. Had they talked about how Hillary's campaign colluding with a foreign agent to get fake dirt from Russians, maybe print and tv media would have maintained at least a little credibility. There's so much that was ignored, like all the FBI, CIA, and DOJ Trump haters that tried to take him out immediately after being elected. We are about to see much of what the media knew but refused to look into. We are going to see indisputable facts that the media will once again attempt to brush off because it will prove that they truly are worthless as watchdogs for the people. I don't think we will have to wait much longer.

Unfortunately I don't believe that true Trump haters would ever be willing to concede that the media, print or TV, were not only biased but complicit if pushing a narrative that they and the Democrats created which turned out to be epic amounts of bullshit.
09 Nov 2019 09:53 #29

Rick wrote:

ScienceChic wrote: My apologies BB, I missed that they were specifically talking about TV news. You know how I feel about that garbage, right? :biggrin: I have always said that news should be consumed primarily in print, because television/video has too great of an impact on us subconsciously and emotionally, and it's too easy to miss the rapid sharing of information and have time to analyze it before they move on to something else. TV news is for entertainment in my opinion, not education.

So you're saying that the print media that you trust is not mostly biased the same way TV media is biased? I watch and read both and see very little difference. I guarantee I can show you evidence of extreme bias in any of the print media you find credible... mostly stories that are not told that should have been.

Print media is a mixture of facts (selective facts), opinion, innuendo, and assumptions made to steer the reader into agreeing with the point the writer/"journalist" wants to pound into your head. Tv does the same thing except with TV you get to watch and listen to the actual players we are talking about. I know we've argued about this before and I'm just as curious why you don't think that listening to the words straight form an individual's mouth is somehow less informative that having a third party describe what the individual said. Print journalists haven't been any more reliable and honest than TV journalists when it came to the whole Russia investigation... both groups failed to tell the whole story which left them all with lots of egg on their faces when it turned out that Trump did nothing wrong. Had they talked about how Hillary's campaign colluding with a foreign agent to get fake dirt from Russians, maybe print and tv media would have maintained at least a little credibility. There's so much that was ignored, like all the FBI, CIA, and DOJ Trump haters that tried to take him out immediately after being elected. We are about to see much of what the media knew but refused to look into. We are going to see indisputable facts that the media will once again attempt to brush off because it will prove that they truly are worthless as watchdogs for the people. I don't think we will have to wait much longer.

Unfortunately I don't believe that true Trump haters would ever be willing to concede that the media, print or TV, were not only biased but complicit if pushing a narrative that they and the Democrats created which turned out to be epic amounts of bullshit.

[/b]

GUESS you did not see tv and MULVANEY state ,for all to see and hear....IT WAS A QUID PRO\QUO.....it IS DONE ALL THE TIME....GET OVER IT....that,my dear, is a FULL ON f**k up,
and he can't take it back, because there is a visual/audio record of his STUPIDITY.
Last edit: 10 Nov 2019 00:44 by MyMountainTown. Reason: starred out a swear word
09 Nov 2019 15:02 #30

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds