Q4 enters the arena

01 Oct 2019 10:54 #1 by homeagain
www.cnn.com/2019/10/01/investing/premark...s-trading/index.html

SSDD........No real forward forecast.......just another fubared finding for Q4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Oct 2019 11:38 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Q4 enters the arena

homeagain wrote: www.cnn.com/2019/10/01/investing/premark...s-trading/index.html

SSDD........No real forward forecast.......just another fubared finding for Q4

www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-stocks/wa...orries-idUSKBN1WH1A0

check the VIX.....NOT looking good for the king......".it's the economy stupid"......

02 Oct 2019 15:51 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Q4 enters the arena
LOL, you always neglect to show the rest of the world economy when you trot out your quotes. The US is still at historic highs. Highest income ever for American families. Low interest rates, high employment levels, rising wages.
And the Democrats only defense? The President is rude!

I will take a rude POTUS when work is easy to find, capital is easy to access. Rates are low, and the stock market is high.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Oct 2019 08:05 #4 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: LOL, you always neglect to show the rest of the world economy when you trot out your quotes. The US is still at historic highs. Highest income ever for American families. Low interest rates, high employment levels, rising wages.

I will take a rude POTUS when work is easy to find, capital is easy to access. Rates are low, and the stock market is high.

THE GLOBAL economy is intertwined with OUR economy.....I have posted MANY threads
regarding this issue......BUT here is another thread that gets buried in the bull shit of todays
trashed topics (for example OUR king going off on FINLAND AND HAVING A TEMPER TANTRUM
over his stupidity and LACK of skill set)

www.marketwatch.com/story/this-widening-...me-prices-2019-10-03

04 Oct 2019 11:25 #5 by FredHayek
LOL. Are you one of those glass is half empty folks? You scour the globe to find the worst economic news you can find and blame President Trump for it. How about today's labor news? Lowest unemployment rate in 50 years. Wages continue to rise. There will remain bumps in the economy, that is just par for the course. And there are some signs we may even have a slight retraction. Much preferable to have a slight deflation than a bubble bursting.

04 Oct 2019 12:18 #6 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: LOL. Are you one of those glass is half empty folks? You scour the globe to find the worst economic news you can find and blame President Trump for it. How about today's labor news? Lowest unemployment rate in 50 years. Wages continue to rise. There will remain bumps in the economy, that is just par for the course. And there are some signs we may even have a slight retraction. Much preferable to have a slight deflation than a bubble bursting.

HERE IS MY MANTRA.........PREPARE for the worst,but hope for the best......preparation or
lack of was the prelude to 2008 GREAT RECESSION......there are many parallels,those who
see the reality and those who see rainbows......NOV/DEC will be a test for this nation.....in many
forms......wait for it.

04 Oct 2019 12:45 #7 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Q4 enters the arena
In order to prepare for the worst what should one do? Sell everything and hoard gold?
Invest in foreign countries? Bury money in the backyard?
With your experience in corporate america you have a leg up on me.

04 Oct 2019 17:19 #8 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: LOL, you always neglect to show the rest of the world economy when you trot out your quotes. The US is still at historic highs. Highest income ever for American families. Low interest rates, high employment levels, rising wages.

[/b]

finance.yahoo.com/news/2-numbers-in-the-...syche-173500091.html

AGAIN....there are those who see realty,and then there are those that see rainbows.......ALL
IS NOT AWESOME.....njmo

04 Oct 2019 17:59 #9 by homeagain

ramage wrote: In order to prepare for the worst what should one do? Sell everything and hoard gold?
Invest in foreign countries? Bury money in the backyard?
With your experience in corporate america you have a leg up on me.

[/b]

MY CORP experience tells me....do NOT ASSUME all information is available.

HERE is a little lesson on "when you LEAST EXPECT IT.''

Circa 1979 or so......My life as a IOC operator (international operating center) was lucrative and
secure (or so I thought). Direct Dial OVERSEAS was non existent.....you had to place a call thru At&TLONG LINES. THAT meant calling the IOC,giving the operator the information and THEN the operator would reach the party you were requesting.via the foreign operator......
language barriers and social morays were part of the MJR's.....(major job responsibilities)

OUR IOC office was one of several (we were in Lakewood Colorado)......we were in the MIDDLE of the country....east coast, west coast locations were part of the overall IOC system.

Job security was a sure bet....or so we were told....info came down that some locations would
be closing.....NO locations were named. AT&T was in the process of installing sub flooring and cables for our NEW COMPUTER SYSTEM.....we ALL took that as a safe bet...it was NOT our
location.......IMAGINE our utter disbelief (management included)when we were informed OUR
location in Lakewood was closing.....(.it took THREE WEEKS and the lights were out and the doors closed.)

The LESSON? When you LEAST expect it....shit will hit the fan.....thus my mantra....prepare for the worst and hope for the best.......HARD LESSON.

07 Oct 2019 08:43 #10 by FredHayek
Totally agree. You have to be willing to roll with the punches. The only constant is change, and change is only happening faster, it isn't slowing down. My portfolio is very volatile and I have lost 25% in a week, but also gained 30% in a month. The economy could go into a tailspin overnight, but so far I am going to keep riding the waves. I am still up 200% since President Obama left office.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds