Raise taxes NOW. The need is urgent

11 Oct 2019 16:46 - 11 Oct 2019 16:49 #1 by Blazer Bob
This is one of the reason why it will never be enough. Oh wait, it is Fox news so never mind.:jackolanter

www.foxbusiness.com/money/federal-govern...-tails-crab-spending

"Federal government employees chowed down on $4.6 million worth of lobster tail and crab in a single month last year, according to a report from Open the Books.

The spending spree was part of a use-it-or-lose-it binge at the end of fiscal year 2018, the group said, which occurs every year as agencies use up their budgeted money by Sept. 30 so that they don’t get less money the following year.

“More than half of [the spending] was in the last week,” Openthebooks.com CEO Adam Andrzejewski told FOX Business. “Incredibly, one out of every 10 contracts procured during the entire year was spent in the last week.”

Edit: www.undercurrentnews.com/2019/10/09/us-d...port-finds/#comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Oct 2019 07:26 #2 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote: This is one of the reason why it will never be enough. Oh wait, it is Fox news so never mind.:jackolanter

"Federal government employees chowed down on $4.6 million worth of lobster tail and crab in a single month last year, according to a report from Open the Books.

The spending spree was part of a use-it-or-lose-it binge at the end of fiscal year 2018, the group said, which occurs every year as agencies use up their budgeted money by Sept. 30 so that they don’t get less money the following year.

“More than half of [the spending] was in the last week,” Openthebooks.com CEO Adam Andrzejewski told FOX Business. “Incredibly, one out of every 10 contracts procured during the entire year was spent in the last week.”

NOTHING new......corp america does the exact same thing.....witnessed every year for 17 years.

14 Oct 2019 19:31 - 15 Oct 2019 05:08 #3 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote: This is one of the reason why it will never be enough. Oh wait, it is Fox news so never mind.:jackolanter

NOTHING new......corp america does the exact same thing.....witnessed every year for 17 years.

You don't see a difference between government and private spending? Don't worry, you're obviously not alone in that ********** thinking.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Oct 2019 07:30 #4 by homeagain
OH MY, the only difference is the people's vote to install THEIR choice. The equivalent in corp
America is THE UNION.....I can only speak to my PAST experience, and I challenged corp
America many times and the UNION backed me every time.... I WON, and of course ,THAT pissed the company off.

REALLY,on many levels, corps are just small versions of the gov. jmo

19 Oct 2019 19:46 #5 by Rick

homeagain wrote: OH MY, the only difference is the people's vote to install THEIR choice. The equivalent in corp
America is THE UNION.....I can only speak to my PAST experience, and I challenged corp
America many times and the UNION backed me every time.... I WON, and of course ,THAT pissed the company off.

You’re talking about pay or working conditions which has nothing to do with the topic about the government wasting money. If a company decided to have a BBQ fueled by $100 bills and you still got paid whatever your union negotiated, what’s your union going to do about it? Unions can’t force a company to be frivolous with their expenses, they are there to negotiate a better deal for their members and have no authority to direct non-essential company spending.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Oct 2019 08:18 #6 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: OH MY, the only difference is the people's vote to install THEIR choice. The equivalent in corp

You’re talking about pay or working conditions which has nothing to do with the topic about the government wasting money. If a company decided to have a BBQ fueled by $100 bills and you still got paid whatever your union negotiated, what’s your union going to do about it? Unions can’t force a company to be frivolous with their expenses, they are there to negotiate a better deal for their members and have no authority to direct non-essential company spending.

Do you wish to talk about the INTERTWINED relationships that lobbyists,pharmco,corp America AND THE GOVERMENT have n common.

We could take an entire year, 24/7, attempting to find transparency ,truth and where are TAXES
are actually being implemented.....the outlet for this outrage has been LONG overdue,but I
Do NOT see the masses making an effort.....business as usual.....:whistle:

20 Oct 2019 22:38 - 20 Oct 2019 22:39 #7 by Rick

homeagain wrote: We could take an entire year, 24/7, attempting to find transparency ,truth and where are TAXES
are actually being implemented.....the outlet for this outrage has been LONG overdue,but I
Do NOT see the masses making an effort.....business as usual.....:whistle:

I’ll just clip this part and walk away in a rare moment of agreement. (Smiley face)

George Orwell

21 Oct 2019 10:05 #8 by homeagain
:) OMG......we agree.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds