HUNTERS hovering cloudcover

16 Oct 2019 14:24 #1 by homeagain
www.vox.com/platform/amp/2020-presidenti...ic-debate-trump-2020

BECAUSE I am an "indy"....I believe THIS is a valid topic.......fair is fair.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Oct 2019 15:13 #2 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic HUNTERS hovering cloudcover
Homeagain,
I realize that this will fall on deaf ears, once again. But I will offer it. Posting a reference and making a comment that tells us nothing other than you agree or find it interesting, would require us to read everything you reference. i would suggest that a brief synopsis of your views on the subject and the offering of the reference would be a better approach. If i choose to comment on one of your currently referenced articles I would be better served to send it to the original source rather than MMT. Why? Because you comment has nothing in it other that "....fair is fair". How should I respond to you and not the article?
The following user(s) said Thank You: koobookie

16 Oct 2019 15:31 #3 by ScienceChic
On the flip side of that, why does Homeagain have to offer an opinion? Can't we all check out the link, consider what it means to us, and simply provide our thoughts on it without responding to someone else's opinion? If a member deems something worthy of taking the time to post it, that says enough in and of itself, does it not? If it doesn't interest you, simply don't open or don't answer. Perhaps something in your reply might trigger someone to respond and a conversation can go from there?

Nothing in our terms of service demands that everyone provide their own opinion, nor does it require that they provide a link should they wish to offer only their opinion and no evidence to back it up. If they don't quote a source, no links are necessary, and we can weight what they say accordingly (for those demanding links/evidence be provided, there are members who never have, and probably never will, provide evidence to support their claims, it just is what it is).

Our only requirement is that if you quote a source, you provide the link to that article from which you are quoting and you don't quote more than is minimally needed to get the point of the article across.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Oct 2019 07:21 #4 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Homeagain,
I realize that this will fall on deaf ears, once again. But I will offer it. Posting a reference and making a comment that tells us nothing other than you agree or find it interesting, would require us to read everything you reference. i would suggest that a brief synopsis of your views on the subject and the offering of the reference would be a better approach. If i choose to comment on one of your currently referenced articles I would be better served to send it to the original source rather than MMT. Why? Because you comment has nothing in it other that "....fair is fair". How should I respond to you and not the article?

Since HUNTER BIDEN has been a hot topic among the collective and THEIR mind exploding
with the howls of unfair.......I assumed that the topic head was self explanatory....But, asidefrom
that.....you DO have the option of ''moving on and NOT clicking the link......sometimes a teaser
is just that......you are interested OR not. I believe it is far more superior than just posting a
mindset that has NO back up . the bottom line....MY view was "fair is fair" and THAT was the
overriding complaint,from the poster. jmo

19 Oct 2019 09:15 #5 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic HUNTERS hovering cloudcover

ScienceChic wrote: On the flip side of that, why does Homeagain have to offer an opinion? Can't we all check out the link, consider what it means to us, and simply provide our thoughts on it without responding to someone else's opinion? If a member deems something worthy of taking the time to post it, that says enough in and of itself, does it not? If it doesn't interest you, simply don't open or don't answer. Perhaps something in your reply might trigger someone to respond and a conversation can go from there?

Nothing in our terms of service demands that everyone provide their own opinion, nor does it require that they provide a link should they wish to offer only their opinion and no evidence to back it up. If they don't quote a source, no links are necessary, and we can weight what they say accordingly (for those demanding links/evidence be provided, there are members who never have, and probably never will, provide evidence to support their claims, it just is what it is).

Our only requirement is that if you quote a source, you provide the link to that article from which you are quoting and you don't quote more than is minimally needed to get the point of the article across.

This is why these message boards just seem like lazy garbage most of the time. How did we discuss politics before the internet? We used to do our own reading, we compiled the information in our minds and came to our own conclusions based on what we learned.

I was a bartender for about 5 years and I became interested in politics because of the discussions I had with regulars who were a pretty evenly mixed ideologically. Yeah, I know, bartenders are not supposed to talk religion or politics, but I was drawn in and never made an enemy even when I disagreed with someone. Believe it or not, I was a left leaner back in the 80's because like most people in the restaurant business, I resented the fact I had to serve people who were obviously "rich" and probably didn't work as hard as I did. Over the years I realized these people were just taking advantage of an economic system that allows for unlimited opportunities, but only for people willing to seek them out,

My point is that I learned from these successful people and I don't think I've ever learned from a journalist's opinion of anything. I'd love to find a forum where people just talk back and forth giving their opinions of what they have learned instead of constantly having long articles and links thrown in my face as a substitute for actual debate and civil conversations. If I don't think you're stating a fact it's pretty simple to do a quick bit of research and lay out a reasoned argument with at most, a few sentences containing undeniable facts.

Maybe I'm just wrong and my kind of debate is just outdated... maybe the desire to understand an individual's personal thoughts should be greatly outweighed by that individual's ability to search for articles that speak for said individual. I hope not.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

19 Oct 2019 11:07 #6 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

ScienceChic wrote: On the flip side of that, why does Homeagain have to offer an opinion? Can't we all check out the link, consider what it means to us, and simply provide our thoughts on it without responding to someone else's opinion? If a member deems something worthy of taking the time to post it, that says enough in and of itself, does it not? If it doesn't interest you, simply don't open or don't answer. Perhaps something in your reply might trigger someone to respond and a conversation can go from there?

This is why these message boards just seem like lazy garbage most of the time. How did we discuss politics before the internet? We used to do our own reading, we compiled the information in our minds and came to our own conclusions based on what we learned.

I was a bartender for about 5 years and I became interested in politics because of the discussions I had with regulars who were a pretty evenly mixed ideologically. Yeah, I know, bartenders are not supposed to talk religion or politics, but I was drawn in and never made an enemy even when I disagreed with someone. Believe it or not, I was a left leaner back in the 80's because like most people in the restaurant business, I resented the fact I had to serve people who were obviously "rich" and probably didn't work as hard as I did. Over the years I realized these people were just taking advantage of an economic system that allows for unlimited opportunities, but only for people willing to seek them out,

My point is that I learned from these successful people and I don't think I've ever learned from a journalist's opinion of anything. I'd love to find a forum where people just talk back and forth giving their opinions of what they have learned instead of constantly having long articles and links thrown in my face as a substitute for actual debate and civil conversations. If I don't think you're stating a fact it's pretty simple to do a quick bit of research and lay out a reasoned argument with at most, a few sentences containing undeniable facts.

Maybe I'm just wrong and my kind of debate is just outdated... maybe the desire to understand an individual's personal thoughts should be greatly outweighed by that individual's ability to search for articles that speak for said individual. I hope not.

[/b]

UNFORTUNATELY, garbage in ,garbage out is the primary reason for your dilemma. We
are waging a war with the TRUTH.....the king has created the chaos, his CONSISTENT lies
are becoming not just one or two occasional comments,but rather HUNDREDS of lies PER
MONTH....(if you are not aware of that factor, then a LINK is a must).

I am old enough to remember when YOUR WORD was solid and you could take it to the bank.
I am also old enough to remember when there were NO social media, retweets, instagrams.
THAT is a portion of the problem also. NO research, just a re tweet or a facebook comment
that MILLIONS of people see and believe to be the truth. It is called lack of skill set to actually
do the hard lifting and find the TRUTH......the king is adroit at this act of tweeting, much to the dismay of his advisors and intelligence officers.

SO what is the answer? The individuals who adore and worship the king, are doing so WITHOUT any true understanding of the critical period we are entering. The Constitution,the
words set down on paper,WERE a guide to good governing for centuries.

We are NOW at a turning point ,The Fourth Turning, we will upend and destroy the VERY thing
that sets us apart from the rest of the globe,OR we will FIGHT to maintain our values and
standards of governing.......altho NOT perfect, it has been a beacon of light for centuries.

In parting, I WOULD LIKE the same thing you are suggesting,however it is NOT viable,because social media has REPLACED individual face to face conversations (the bar debate).....A LIE
is typed,retweeted and viola......it becomes the TRUTH. Then that ''truth'' is spoken with the
understanding it came from a credible source.

It is for THAT reason, I provide links.....if those links are not considered or read...THAT is not
my problem....I will ALWAYS take a stand for truth.

19 Oct 2019 19:02 #7 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic HUNTERS hovering cloudcover
I think you missed my point home. I have no problem links and small portions of articles you want to talk about. But if you post nothing but a link and a few words that don’t convey any kind of summary, it just seems lazy and I have little interest in opening the mystery link. I don’t come here to be indoctrinated by left leaning articles, I come here to try and understand why people like you think the way you do. I can’t do it with my liberal friends like I used to be able to because I’d rather keep them as friends. I have nothing to lose by coming here except for time. If everybody here flooded this board with just a few words and links/articles, I wouldn’t give this board a minute of my time.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Oct 2019 08:07 #8 by homeagain

Rick wrote: I think you missed my point home. I have no problem links and small portions of articles you want to talk about. But if you post nothing but a link and a few words that don’t convey any kind of summary, it just seems lazy and I have little interest in opening the mystery link. I don’t come here to be indoctrinated by left leaning articles, I come here to try and understand why people like you think the way you do. I can’t do it with my liberal friends like I used to be able to because I’d rather keep them as friends. I have nothing to lose by coming here except for time. If everybody here flooded this board with just a few words and links/articles, I wouldn’t give this board a minute of my time.

SEE MY COMMENT ON PRES. CANDIDATES THREAD.......bolded YOUR comment

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds