Warren to Release "Medicare for All Plan" Soon!

26 Oct 2019 09:43 #11 by FredHayek

Brandon wrote: I wasn't asking about ACA. I was asking for some proof that Warren's proposals are not feasible.

In a real life deal there are going to be warts, example, cutting healthcare costs by freezing wages for our healthcare workers. The dirty little secret about Medicare and Medicaid is that they have fee schedules that don't actually pay for the costs of the procedures, so they use private insurance to fill in the gap. Evidence of this? So many practices refuse to take on more Medicare and Medicaid customers. Now if Elizabeth Warren speaking before a nurse's union tells them the truth, that in order to add tens of millions of patients to Medicaid, your wages will be frozen, she will lose supporters. I have looked at the taxes she wants to levy on the rich to pay for her plan and they just won't cover the amount of patients she wants to add. We simply don't have enough billionaires.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Oct 2019 07:34 #12 by Brandon

Rick wrote: How can I prove that her policy won't work when she doesn't have one?

But you somehow "know" it's not going to work.

28 Oct 2019 07:43 #13 by homeagain
In reviewing the recent "proposals"...nothing set in stone, the options are NOT realistic. Heavily tax the rich and corps....is NOT going to happen. I'm on Medicare and it is a rat maze to negotiate, AND it is scheduled to get even more difficult. I do not know the answer, because the
WHOLE of the topic is so fubared.

28 Oct 2019 14:42 #14 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: In reviewing the recent "proposals"...nothing set in stone, the options are NOT realistic. Heavily tax the rich and corps....is NOT going to happen. I'm on Medicare and it is a rat maze to negotiate, AND it is scheduled to get even more difficult. I do not know the answer, because the
WHOLE of the topic is so fubared.

I read one article from a Left Wing source that says Medicare For All will actually hurt the people who use it right now the worst. Rahm Emmanuel posted an op-ed in the Denver Post this week saying it would be impossible to do. I think I will trust the words and experience of a White House Chief of Staff and the former Mayor of Chicago versus Senators from VT and MA who are trying to overpromise in order to win a primary. Running Chicago is much better experience for running the nation than being one of a hundred voters in the Senate.

29 Oct 2019 21:45 - 29 Oct 2019 21:45 #15 by Rick

Brandon wrote:

Rick wrote: How can I prove that her policy won't work when she doesn't have one?

But you somehow "know" it's not going to work.

Well I'm not privy to Warren's utopian plan, but I've always been good at math. Lets discuss her plan when it comes out and you can prove me wrong if you're willing to do more than drop one liners.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

30 Oct 2019 08:02 #16 by Brandon

Rick wrote: Well I'm not privy to Warren's utopian plan, but I've always been good at math. Lets discuss her plan when it comes out and you can prove me wrong if you're willing to do more than drop one liners.

You claim to be good at math, but you suck at showing your work.

30 Oct 2019 19:18 #17 by Rick

Brandon wrote:

Rick wrote: Well I'm not privy to Warren's utopian plan, but I've always been good at math. Lets discuss her plan when it comes out and you can prove me wrong if you're willing to do more than drop one liners.

You claim to be good at math, but you suck at showing your work.

Lets discuss her plan when it comes out and you can prove me wrong if you're willing to do more than drop one liners.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

01 Nov 2019 12:30 #18 by Brandon

01 Nov 2019 12:42 #19 by FredHayek
Less freedom for America! The private insurance you like is cancelled!
At least Canada and the UK allow for private insurance and medical care.

01 Nov 2019 12:46 #20 by Brandon
The question wasn't whether or not F**d liked it.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds