Roger Stone Found Guilty on All 7 Counts

11 Feb 2020 16:28 #11 by homeagain
THE FOURTH TURNING...."there will be blood"....when the people who are paying attention are
pissed enough to pool their collective anger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Feb 2020 16:37 #12 by ScienceChic
I don't want blood, I want justice. I want the Justice Department to not be corrupted by politics, as this stinks to high heaven of being. Congress better be opening an inquiry into AG William Barr and the Department of Justice immediately. Who ordered the reduced sentencing guidelines?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Feb 2020 17:05 - 12 Feb 2020 07:12 #13 by ramage
Sorry ladies, but you are not likely to get your pound of flesh from someone found guilty of a process crime by two attorneys who lied to their superiors.

11 Feb 2020 17:24 #14 by ScienceChic
A process crime? Tampering with a witness, obstructing justice, and perjury is no big deal?

He was found guilty by a jury of his peers on 7 counts. He faced up to 20 years in jail based on each of the crimes he committed. The prosecutors - 4 of them, including two who hadn't even served on the Special Counsel's team, recommended 7-9 years.

Roger Stone guilty of witness tampering, lying to Congress

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Feb 2020 18:03 - 12 Feb 2020 07:13 #15 by Pony Soldier
Mark this day on the calendar. I actually agree with SC on this one. Stone was as dumb as they come. He shot himself in the foot. I can’t feel too sorry for him. The only factor that might argue for a lighter sentence is his age.

11 Feb 2020 19:13 - 12 Feb 2020 07:13 #16 by ramage
Who was tampered with? How was justice obstructed? Perjury, i.e. lying to congress, the same penalty that was given to Walsh should suffice.

11 Feb 2020 19:30 - 12 Feb 2020 07:13 #17 by Pony Soldier

12 Feb 2020 07:13 - 12 Feb 2020 07:16 #18 by homeagain
www.newsweek.com/thousands-sign-petition...ing-proposal-1486928

COUNT NOW is over 70,000 signing......IF you wish to have your voice HEARD....sign and
STOP the corruption.

12 Feb 2020 09:06 #19 by ramage
In my post of 11 Feb 2020, 19:13, the correct name is Wolfe, not Walsh. (James Wolfe was the source of confidential information taken from the Senate Intelligence Committee and given to Ali Watkins of the NYTimes.)

12 Feb 2020 09:20 #20 by Pony Soldier
Well, he also lied in his congressional testimony, lied to the FBI and tampered with a witness. He should be sentenced accordingly.

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds