New Democrat Debate Tonight!

14 Dec 2019 09:47 #41 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic New Democrat Debate Tonight!

homeagain wrote: Please, just image the borg, with all of the collective in their hoses and hardware.....awaiting
commands. Resistance is futile (and so is communication). The best defense is to keep posting FACTS,for in the end, THAT will be the ultimate betrayal of the king.....karma keeps no timeline.

HUH?

“We can’t afford four more years of this”

Tim Walz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Dec 2019 10:49 - 14 Dec 2019 10:50 #42 by Rick

Rick wrote:

ScienceChic wrote: discussing any of this with you is pointless.

I think this is the only thing I agree with.

In an alternate reality where Trump and his son did exactly what the Biden’s did, you and your worthless media would be demanding impeachment and you know it. The fact that you will never admit that is sad, but you’re free to live in your own hypocritical reality.

I'd like to retract what I just said here because I don't think that discussing this topic with you is pointless, that's why I come here. I can't talk about any of this with the many liberal friends and family members I have in real life... that's ultimately why I didn't take you up on your offer to meet for lunch years ago. If I met you in person I know I'd like you enough to never be able to debate you about politics or climate change. Once you become a real person/friend in my life, it's just not in me to risk damaging that friendship with political arguments that never end well.

Anyway, I apologize once again for being an ass at times (probably a lot of times), but like you, I care about where this country is headed. I come here to try to understand liberal/progressive ideology and how people can be so convinced that it is the best path for Americans to be taking. I wish there were more people on this board who may be reading but not engaging in the discussions, especially left leaning members. You've seen me attempting for years to establish civil debates on this board and I failed to ignore the trolls and at times have become one myself.

It's too early for a new years resolution but I'm going to make one anyway. I have an idea that may be a lot more interesting, more civil, and more worthwhile. If I can't find another way for myself to talk about my addiction (politics), I guess it's going to be best for me to just quit, cold turkey. Whether my idea works or not, I have too many good things happening in my life right now to let a message board continue to piss me off and change my attitude for the worse. I'll see you on the brighter side soon... hope you all have a great weekend and stay safe on the roads!

Tim Walz

14 Dec 2019 11:54 #43 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: Please, just image the borg, with all of the collective in their hoses and hardware.....awaiting
commands. Resistance is futile (and so is communication). The best defense is to keep posting FACTS,for in the end, THAT will be the ultimate betrayal of the king.....karma keeps no timeline.

HUH?

[/b]

Just my abstract assessment of the situation regarding the king. Since I am a "trekkie", I have
always envisioned the entangled mess (political) as a scene in Star trek, with the borg=king
and the followers=collective. From my metaphysical pov....the charade that constitutes the
present p.o.s. WILL be corrected.....in the final analysis, no one is above the law.

14 Dec 2019 12:08 #44 by homeagain
FOR RICK....altho your long post did not apply to me...I found it refreshing in it's candor and
clarity.....I have always considered the exchanges from posters to be interesting and have never taken anything to be out of bounds or insulting... (of course crudeness and being openly hostile are not accepted).

IF you cannot debate a topic with a certain degree of detachment (hard sometimes, in this
specific situation our nation finds itself in)then HOW are we,as a nation,to survive?

16 Dec 2019 20:56 #45 by Rick

homeagain wrote:
IF you cannot debate a topic with a certain degree of detachment (hard sometimes, in this
specific situation our nation finds itself in)then HOW are we,as a nation,to survive?

Unfortunately the majority of our media makes it a lot less likely that this will get any better. It's like they are trying to teach us to hate each other, and it's working. We can argue with each other all day and night, but eventually we have to admit the fact that the media fed us a pile of bullshit, no matter what side we are on. I think I'm going to register another name on this site called Just Facts, where I only post facts and include zero opinions and no direct or indirect insults of any kind.

I wonder if a new network was formed that only presented fully vetted facts, would it have a big audience or not? Would people be interested in just facts without the opinions and presumptions of people who are actual journalists? Probably not. I think a lot of people need assurances that their preconceived assumptions are correct and any information that counters those assumptions or beliefs would be a good enough reason to stop reading, watching, or listening. I've been guilty of that but am doing my best to be skeptical of anyone in the media unless I see a good track record of them being right.

Tim Walz

17 Dec 2019 11:47 #46 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

HUH?

[/b]

Just my abstract assessment of the situation regarding the king. Since I am a "trekkie", I have
always envisioned the entangled mess (political) as a scene in Star trek, with the borg=king
and the followers=collective. From my metaphysical pov....the charade that constitutes the
present p.o.s. WILL be corrected.....in the final analysis, no one is above the law.

www.startrek.com/database_article/borg

Cliffnote on the "collective"

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds