How liberals are allowing anti-Semitism to flourish

29 Dec 2019 21:06 #1 by Blazer Bob
"Anti-Semitic attacks continue to shake our city and state. Last week, eight attacks — including four in just in 48 hours — sent a familiar shockwave rippling through the Jewish community. Then Saturday came the horrific stabbing in Monsey, New York. The poison of Jew-hatred is spreading.

Like many of you, I’m thinking, “Not this subject again.” How many columns can be devoted to it? I’ve read them. I’ve written them. It’s exhausting, and it’s dreary. Jews are being beaten up, anti-Semitism flows some years and ebbs in others. So what?

But it matters — gravely.

Mayor de Blasio released his usual by-the-numbers statement. “Hate doesn’t have a home in our city,” he tweeted. But hate does have a home here, and it has found it while Hizzoner has mostly looked away.

The mayor added: “In light of recent anti-Semitic attacks, the NYPD will increase their presence in Borough Park, Crown Heights and Williamsburg.” But the recent attacks have spread to Midtown Manhattan and Gravesend, Brooklyn. The problem has gotten worse while inaction paralyzed the mayor.

I first wrote about the uptick in May. The reason the city’s liberal political class was ignoring it, I ­argued, is that the criminals don’t fit their picture of Evil Bigots. They aren’t, for the most part, MAGA-hat wearing white guys with tiki torches. In fact, many of the attackers are people of color, as investigative reporting by Tablet’s Armin Rosen and others has shown.

Imagine if they were white ­nationalists. How much faster would the mayor and other city leaders have taken action?"...

nypost.com/2019/12/29/how-liberals-are-a...emitism-to-flourish/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Dec 2019 21:20 #2 by Blazer Bob
thefederalist.com/2019/12/29/identity-po...tic-violence-enough/

"Semitic Violence. Enough
How much more Jewish blood must be spilled before ending the violence against Jews becomes an end inherently worth pursuing?
Erielle DavidsonBy Erielle Davidson
DECEMBER 29, 2019
Yesterday evening marked the seventh night of Chanukah. It also marked the ninth anti-semitic attack since the Jewish holiday began last week. According to authorities, at least five people were stabbed Saturday evening during a Chanukah candle-lighting ceremony at a rabbi’s home in the New York City suburb of Monsey.

A man allegedly used a machete to stab five people, with two reportedly in critical condition. According to reports, the attacker attempted to break into the synagogue next door to the rabbi’s home, but the doors were swiftly barricaded. It will be telling to see how this particular attack is covered within the mainstream press, and by regional and national Democrats who have shown an antipathy to addressing antisemitism if it comes from actors with whom they generally sympathize.

When it came to discussing the recent shooting at the Jersey City kosher supermarket by two Black Hebrew Israelites, reporting was startlingly sparse on the particulars surrounding the murders."...

30 Dec 2019 12:41 #3 by FredHayek
Radicals on both sides commit anti-Semitic violence, but lately it seems like most of the violence has been coming from the Left. And many of them are today condemning increasing the police presence in these mixed neighborhoods. Some Jewish people are even considering arming themselves to fight off their attackers. Especially after seeing many of those arrested for violent attacks later getting released without bail.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Dec 2019 16:23 #4 by hillfarmer
The right wing continues to emulate the truly awesome capability of their hero Trump to project. The vast majority of the terrorist crimes against humanity are coming from the right wing, but you would never know it from the screeds above.

www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/white-natio...it-domestic-n1039206
www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/white-natio...it-domestic-n1039206
nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/12/white-su...in-america-2019.html
ifcpp.org/news/8238149
The following user(s) said Thank You: homeagain

30 Dec 2019 17:41 #5 by homeagain
HATE is hate.....it has occurred thru out the centuries..in one form or another, from one sect,to another sect....IRISH, Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Latinos, blacks.....it has ALWAYS been the those who have NOT evolved,to understand that BLOOD RUNS RED, regardless of the color or religious affiliation THIS has nothing to do with party affiliation, but rather, a LACK of humanity
and empathy. jmo

31 Dec 2019 11:23 #6 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Radicals on both sides commit anti-Semitic violence, but lately it seems like most of the violence has been coming from the Left. And many of them are today condemning increasing the police presence in these mixed neighborhoods. Some Jewish people are even considering arming themselves to fight off their attackers. Especially after seeing many of those arrested for violent attacks later getting released without bail.

I know you won't provide it, but I have to ask for you to provide proof for your assertions.

02 Jan 2020 10:47 #7 by FredHayek
Just google New York City Attacks Orthodox Jews.
Both the young and old are being attacked, including a 14 year old boy a couple of days ago. The Guardian Angels group has offered to patrol the areas of attacks. One of the elderly who was attacked recently is not expected to wake up from the damage done to him.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds