Rooting for the Underdog.

08 Jan 2020 20:28 #1 by ramage
That's the American way. Root for the Underdog!
Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA) proclaimed, “there was no raw evidence” of an “imminent threat” to warrant the elimination of Iran’s top terror chief, declaring that Trump “recklessly assassinated” Qasem Soleimani.
Just one of many democrat responses to the elimination of Soleimani . God forbid, oops I shouldn't mention Him, that a democrat would call Soleimani a terrorist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Jan 2020 08:07 #2 by koobookie
Replied by koobookie on topic Rooting for the Underdog.

ramage wrote: That's the American way. Root for the Underdog!
Rep. Pramila Jayapal (D-WA) proclaimed, “there was no raw evidence” of an “imminent threat” to warrant the elimination of Iran’s top terror chief, declaring that Trump “recklessly assassinated” Qasem Soleimani.
Just one of many democrat responses to the elimination of Soleimani . God forbid, oops I shouldn't mention Him, that a democrat would call Soleimani a terrorist.

Can you provide that evidence? From what I've read, he was not an imminent threat, and even Republicans are doubting the briefing that Trump provided to Congress. Republican Senator Mike Lee of Utah called it “insulting” and “probably the worst briefing I’ve seen, at least on a military issue, in the nine years I’ve served in the United States Senate.”

09 Jan 2020 08:14 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Rooting for the Underdog.
The United Nations had put this terrorist mastermind on a travel ban. Imminent threat? Are you just moving the goal posts here? He was a man with a record of exporting terrorism and appeared to also be in charge of killing his own citizens as they demonstrated in the streets of Iran. Should America operate this way? We have located the serial killer of 13 people, but he isn't currently killing people so we won't bother arresting him right now.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Jan 2020 09:25 #4 by koobookie
Those words were from a Republican Senator who was briefed by the Trump administration.

09 Jan 2020 10:33 #5 by Pony Soldier
My question in all of this is how did these "protesters" even get close the the US Embassy? It's in the Green Zone. It is heavily fortified and previous protests ended with protesters being shot and scattering. This was a set up from the start. I'm not buying any of it.

09 Jan 2020 12:09 #6 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Rooting for the Underdog.
Koobookie,
Soleimani was last seen holding a gun to the head of a U.S. Army Ranger. Is that imminent enough for you? (sarcasm). Please tell me what you would consider imminent, definition of terms is helpful.
Mike Lee was not upset with the result but rather the process. I suspect that he would have been on the Doug Adams rocket ship along with the telephone sanitizers.

09 Jan 2020 12:43 #7 by koobookie
Tell me what was the imminent threat that Soleimani posed? Trump has yet to tell us. Please be definitive and provide proof.

09 Jan 2020 13:10 #8 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Rooting for the Underdog.
Koobookie,
Please define "imminent threat" as you see it. I will then be able to answer your question.

09 Jan 2020 13:18 #9 by koobookie

ramage wrote: Koobookie,
Please define "imminent threat" as you see it. I will then be able to answer your question.

I think you should ask Trump what he considers an imminent threat. That's what we're discussing, Trump's attack on Iran. What was it? Why did we have to attack immediately? What is the crisis?

09 Jan 2020 14:05 #10 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Rooting for the Underdog.
From reading several sources, a picture emerges....the king thought embassy was in grave
danger (over a period of time) and granted extraordinary permission to "take the shot" when
the opportunity arose.

Apparently that opportunity was a surveillance situation that involved an airport arrival of officials
which he (the victim) was meeting on the tarmac......the officials were either US friendly OR
US foes.....when the entourage stepped off the plane the "kill shot" was verified, approved. The
apparent arrivals were NOT our "friends".....per New York Times news brief

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds