Toxic Environment

24 Jan 2020 15:55 #1 by Pony Soldier
Everyone needs to chill out. It doesn’t make that big a difference to us in our everyday lives if Trump is acquitted by 3 vote, 10 votes or 20. Arguing the merits of a case against him will only further divide us. I used to be able to have conversations with people but now, everyone wants to shout. Everyone is convinced they are right. I really do fear we will end up so divided by this in the end, we won’t be able to heal. We should be worried about Captain Trips, not Adam Schiff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: homeagain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jan 2020 17:30 #2 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Toxic Environment
Well said. The question is will the decision of the Senate vote be accepted?

Had to look up the reference to Captain Trips, are you associating it with the current virus?

24 Jan 2020 17:42 #3 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Toxic Environment
Yeah, might just be all hype, but it seems that China wouldn't quarantine 40 million people over a holiday for something they weren't terrified of. Kung Flu might work better than Captain Trips...

24 Jan 2020 19:10 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Toxic Environment

ramage wrote: Well said. The question is will the decision of the Senate vote be accepted?

Had to look up the reference to Captain Trips, are you associating it with the current virus?

The left will NEVER accept an acquittal because they have never accepted his presidency. The next 5 years will be the same pathetic garbage. Maybe a deadly virus will finally take precedent in the MSM over every word Trump speaks on a daily basis..... just kidding, journalism is dead.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Jan 2020 12:00 #5 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Toxic Environment
It is true, some people are quite amped up over the impeachment trial, but to me it seems like most moderates are just ignoring it. I am of the type to say it is a pox on both houses. The Democrats and media have been scrambling for the last three years to find any reason to get rid of President Trump. And Trump has been doing his best to give them a reason to throw him out.
Guess it will depend on if the career politicians in the Senate decide to take out the amateur. Mitt Romney looks like he will be the first to defect from his party. Will others join him? Vice President Pence eagerly awaits the news.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds