Possible democrat slates 2020

17 Feb 2020 13:53 #1 by ramage
Much like trying to pick the Super Bowl teams mid way through the season, this topic is as hypothetical.
I offer up a Bloomberg/ Gabbard slate. What could go wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Feb 2020 15:29 #2 by FredHayek
I doubt Gabbard has a chance. Too conservative for the modern Democrat Party.

Senator Sanders is going full bore after Bloomberg. It will be interesting to see who wins. I could see Bernie choosing Mayor Pete for VP. He needs a young VP because his health is a big concern.

Bloomberg? I wonder if he would choose Warren. Unlike Sanders, she actually has achievements for consumers in the Senate. I could see some Democrat voters willing to support that ticket. And Bloomberg is also an old man.

I do wonder if Trump will exchange Pence for Nicki Halley. That might get him some votes from women. And he would be 77 by the time he finishes his second term.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

17 Feb 2020 18:12 #3 by ramage
Tulsi Gabbard is conservative only in her support of the military. And it is a VERY anti-war position. Her policy positions on health care, freebies,etc., are in line with the rest of the democrats. She would tamper down the attacks on Bloomberg regarding his statements regarding women, eg. "you're pregnant, kill it". Also she is young and would have appeal to the Bernie-Bros, who might otherwise sit on their hands.

18 Feb 2020 09:31 #4 by Pony Soldier
I'm not sure Bloomberg gets past his past comments. Bernie will likely be the nominee and I expect him to pick a female based on past comments.

18 Feb 2020 10:32 - 18 Feb 2020 10:33 #5 by Blazer Bob

Pony Soldier wrote: I'm not sure Bloomberg gets past his past comments. Bernie will likely be the nominee and I expect him to pick a female based on past comments.

I do not see why not. Reality has no bearing in dem. politics.

https://img.thedailybeast.com/image/upload/c_crop,d_placeholder_euli9k,h_1440,w_2560,x_0,y_0/dpr_1.5/c_limit,w_1044/fl_lossy,q_auto/v1549060068/190201-julia-ralph-tease_yzisskhttps://img.thedailybeast.com/image/upload/c_crop,d_placeholder_euli9k,h_1440,w_2560,x_0,y_0/dpr_1.5/c_limit,w_1044/fl_lossy,q_auto/v1549060068/190201-julia-ralph-tease_yzissk

www.thedailybeast.com/virginia-gov-ralph...k-costume-in-college

18 Feb 2020 20:31 #6 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Possible democrat slates 2020

ramage wrote: Much like trying to pick the Super Bowl teams mid way through the season, this topic is as hypothetical.
I offer up a Bloomberg/ Gabbard slate. What could go wrong?

No way, I don't think Gabbard would get anywhere near that little creep, unless she has me fooled and has no principles. Hillary really would be the perfect pick since the DNC helped them both bypass the democratic process and both are scumbags.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Feb 2020 09:14 #7 by FredHayek
You will not see a Mayor Pete/Amy Klobacher ticket! She really hates him! Wouldn't shake his hand after the debate.

20 Feb 2020 14:24 #8 by ramage
Having watched the Las Vegas debate, I agree with Fred. Gabbard will probably stay above the fray. But the democrats really need to bring her back along with one of the "persons of color", way too much white skin on the podium. The next debate is Feb 25, who will show up?
By the way Andrew Yang on CNN remarked that the Bloomberg team was approaching big donors, telling them not to waste their money as he had "this" covered. Sounds like he is trying to influence the ability of the other candidates to raise money.

20 Feb 2020 16:33 #9 by FredHayek
I love primaries and this one is quite interesting. How will it go? You have Sanders, America's Lenin, versus a multibillionaire. Biden? I think you can stick a fork in him, but I could be wrong. And will Warren come back?

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds