SOMEperspective of serious stuff

29 Feb 2020 11:16 - 29 Feb 2020 11:17 #11 by Blazer Bob
ha everything is turning into a fading memory but I remember black Monday 1987 when everyone was selling I bought AT&T. I thought it would be cool to own part of Bell Labs because they invented the transistor.
My first training in electronics was on vacuum tube theory. Nothing was cooler than transistor technology.
That worked pretty well.

homeagain wrote: You have some,that is for sure......2008 apparently is a faded memory of everything going wrong,
except now it is GLOBAL......I hope your optimism is correct, because THIS time it is different.
THE WORLD is involved in this fubar,not just AMERICA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Feb 2020 11:32 #12 by homeagain
Yea, well,my story is this......I had a manager(AT&T) that was telling me to hold my stock, because it was going to 95 in 95. I sold and made a nice,neat profit BEFORE it tanked.... 95
was never going to happen.....(don't know what it is,as of this date.but back then I knew THAT
was wishful thinking.

02 Mar 2020 19:41 #13 by Rick

homeagain wrote: VIx at 39.18.....DOW DROPS almost 2,000 PTS.......GEE 2008 REPEAT.....wait for it

How does today's 1300 jump figure in with that comparison? I keep hearing people on the left making this leap and I don't see how it compares.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Mar 2020 09:51 #14 by homeagain

03 Mar 2020 14:23 #15 by homeagain
SO-O the feds dropped the rate and it STILL remains serious.....almost 800 point drop and vix is at 38.23.....how low will it go and how HIGH will the vix hit?

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds