Sophie’s Choice, 2020 Style

26 Mar 2020 17:20 #11 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

Pony Soldier wrote: I sort of assumed this would be about the Easter deadline. That is also a Sophie's Choice that will have to be made by Trump. Sacrifice the economy almost completely and face decades of depression and starvation or sacrifice a few thousand people...glad I'm not the one making that choice.

an error in your equation....it would be 100's of thousands, NOT a few thousand. Either way ,
the economy is screwed (the tarp and derivatives were the factors in 2008 and look how long it
took to come to "even" or out of the great recession)

The problem I have is INTEGRITY and facing facts..TRUTH is essential, NOT just an option. IF THE KING suddenly became a magnificent, majestic MAN...(think Andrew Coumo) I would be behind him all the way...perhaps, THIS is his light bulb moment and his way of walking thru life
will MATURE in ways that will be astonishing...so, can't truly respond to your question right now.

I will say it's extremely encouraging that he is listening to Dr. F. and the doctor has indicated
that the media is making it difficult for him to interface with TRUMP. We are so-o-o scewed
if Dr. F. is out of the equation.

i was hoping you would answer the main question of this topic HA. If you have the power to chose an outcome, would you pick the fast recovery from the virus with a fast recovery of the economy if it meant YOUR king would get 4 more years? Or would you pick the slower recovery that killed more people but Trump would be defeated and fully bankrupt?

The king would have to be superhuman HERO to do that.....THAT description is NOT in this scenario.....but just for giggles let us assume he has SUPER POWERS beyond the mere
human...then the answer would be yes.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Mar 2020 16:08 #12 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Sophie’s Choice, 2020 Style

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

Pony Soldier wrote: I sort of assumed this would be about the Easter deadline. That is also a Sophie's Choice that will have to be made by Trump. Sacrifice the economy almost completely and face decades of depression and starvation or sacrifice a few thousand people...glad I'm not the one making that choice.

an error in your equation....it would be 100's of thousands, NOT a few thousand. Either way ,
the economy is screwed (the tarp and derivatives were the factors in 2008 and look how long it
took to come to "even" or out of the great recession)

The problem I have is INTEGRITY and facing facts..TRUTH is essential, NOT just an option. IF THE KING suddenly became a magnificent, majestic MAN...(think Andrew Coumo) I would be behind him all the way...perhaps, THIS is his light bulb moment and his way of walking thru life
will MATURE in ways that will be astonishing...so, can't truly respond to your question right now.

I will say it's extremely encouraging that he is listening to Dr. F. and the doctor has indicated
that the media is making it difficult for him to interface with TRUMP. We are so-o-o scewed
if Dr. F. is out of the equation.

i was hoping you would answer the main question of this topic HA. If you have the power to chose an outcome, would you pick the fast recovery from the virus with a fast recovery of the economy if it meant YOUR king would get 4 more years? Or would you pick the slower recovery that killed more people but Trump would be defeated and fully bankrupt?

The king would have to be superhuman HERO to do that.....THAT description is NOT in this scenario.....but just for giggles let us assume he has SUPER POWERS beyond the mere
human...then the answer would be yes.....

Sorry, I think you're like most Trump haters and would accept more prolonged suffering if it meant Trump wouldn't get 4 more years, which in your minds would be worse than this virus. Convince me that I'm wrong.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

28 Mar 2020 17:15 #13 by homeagain
YOU ARE WRONG......if the manchild we have for the leader of our nation would ACTUALLY
own up to his prolific errors, state the BUCK STOPS HERE and I take full responsibility,IF he
was truthful and genuine....IF he became A MAN.....I would say to U.....in these extraordinary circumstances he is doing the best any person could......that fantasy will never be fulfilled.

I am angry as a hornet that THIS egocentric, trust fund child is destroying the very thing he
pledged to protect....but then, I have to remember that THIS is a path we a required to take,
so that a balance can be brought forward.....:meditate:

28 Mar 2020 19:05 #14 by HEARTLESS

homeagain wrote: YOU ARE WRONG......if the manchild we have for the leader of our nation would ACTUALLY
own up to his prolific errors, state the BUCK STOPS HERE and I take full responsibility,IF he
was truthful and genuine....IF he became A MAN.....I would say to U.....in these extraordinary circumstances he is doing the best any person could......that fantasy will never be fulfilled.

I am angry as a hornet that THIS egocentric, trust fund child is destroying the very thing he
pledged to protect....but then, I have to remember that THIS is a path we a required to take,

Rather than blither about "the king', "the manchild" how would you justify the spring break beaches, the ski areas, the bars, etc. and social distancing being ignored by the youth and irresponsible adults of this nation. This is how a pandemic spreads.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

28 Mar 2020 19:43 #15 by homeagain

HEARTLESS wrote:

homeagain wrote: YOU ARE WRONG......if the manchild we have for the leader of our nation would ACTUALLY

Rather than blither about "the king', "the manchild" how would you justify the spring break beaches, the ski areas, the bars, etc. and social distancing being ignored by the youth and irresponsible adults of this nation. This is how a pandemic spreads.

1. the gene pool is being cleansed.....if your level of intelligence dictates fun over health,
2. the mayor who refused to shut down his beaches in Florida should be prosecuted...and fired
3. NICE WAY TO DEFLECT.....U KNOW I AM RIGHT....you can not bring yourself to say it.

30 Mar 2020 09:31 #16 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Sophie’s Choice, 2020 Style

homeagain wrote: [1. the gene pool is being cleansed.....if your level of intelligence dictates fun over health,2. the mayor who refused to shut down his beaches in Florida should be prosecuted...and fired

These idiots are not cleansing their gene pool, they are cleansing yours and mine. Most of these young morons are not going to die but they will spread it to those of us who will.

As for people getting fired and prosecuted, how about comrade De Blasio ?

In his defiant March 2 tweet, de Blasio wrote: “Since I’m encouraging New Yorkers to go on with your lives + get out on the town despite Coronavirus, I thought I would offer some suggestions. Here’s the first: thru Thurs 3/5 go see “The Traitor” @FilmLinc. If “The Wire” was a true story + set in Italy, it would be this film.”

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds