Sophie’s Choice, 2020 Style

Sophie’s Choice, 2020 Style was created by Rick

Let’s say there are two different outcomes because of one common factor, the virus.

Outcome #1 is the virus is stopped relatively quickly due to distancing compliance, and the drug that isn’t fish tank cleaner. Turns out that malaria drug actually works. In this scenario YOUR king continues to rise in the polls and is actually seen as a hero by the majority of his subjects. Unfortunately, 10,365 people still died.

He meets Joe Biden in November and convinces him to drop out one day before the election. The king presents Joe with the most important new job of his next royal cabinet....

Supreme Commander of .....

SPACE FORCE!!!
Joe accepts, on the condition he can wear his space helmet to work.

But seriously, Trump destroys him and his VP Kamal, or that woman who still thinks she won SC. Trump continues his reign for another 4 years but decided to be much less “presidential”.


Option #2 is pretty much the opposite with an addition shit sandwich. The virus is just devastating enough to turn even Trump supporters against him. He bumbles at every turn and starts costing people their lives with his bad decisions. The polls go hard left and Biden beats hm harder than he beat Corn Pop. (If you don’t know who Corn Pop is or how Biden sent him packin, then you’re being sheltered, from the true Joe Biden). Final death toll, 52,557.

Oh yeah, what’s the shit sand which I promised? Well, the Democrats were able to include in their masterful bill, that all government officials in Washington are exempt from receiving government assistance because of the virus. Trump subsequently loses all his businesses due to bankruptcy and a really bad and hated last name...TRUMP
The rest of the economy is about in the same economic condition as it was in 2008. But, you’ve got one of the sharpest economic minds to bring us back, Sleepy..... Joe.... Biden!!!

So those are your two choices.

Oh, and 87% of the dead were over 75 years old in both scenarios.

If you think a second term for Trump would be the end of our country, would you pick option #2 if your choice was cosmically binding?

For the record, I’m picking option #1.
Last edit: 25 Mar 2020 23:13 by Rick.
25 Mar 2020 23:10 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Sophie’s Choice, 2020 Style

I sort of assumed this would be about the Easter deadline. That is also a Sophie's Choice that will have to be made by Trump. Sacrifice the economy almost completely and face decades of depression and starvation or sacrifice a few thousand people...glad I'm not the one making that choice.
26 Mar 2020 05:25 #2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by homeagain on topic Sophie’s Choice, 2020 Style

Pony Soldier wrote: I sort of assumed this would be about the Easter deadline. That is also a Sophie's Choice that will have to be made by Trump. Sacrifice the economy almost completely and face decades of depression and starvation or sacrifice a few thousand people...glad I'm not the one making that choice.


an error in your equation....it would be 100's of thousands, NOT a few thousand. Either way ,
the economy is screwed (the tarp and derivatives were the factors in 2008 and look how long it
took to come to "even" or out of the great recession)

The problem I have is INTEGRITY and facing facts..TRUTH is essential, NOT just an option. IF THE KING suddenly became a magnificent, majestic MAN...(think Andrew Coumo) I would be behind him all the way...perhaps, THIS is his light bulb moment and his way of walking thru life
will MATURE in ways that will be astonishing...so, can't truly respond to your question right now.

I will say it's extremely encouraging that he is listening to Dr. F. and the doctor has indicated
that the media is making it difficult for him to interface with TRUMP. We are so-o-o scewed
if Dr. F. is out of the equation.
26 Mar 2020 07:07 #3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Sophie’s Choice, 2020 Style

I see you’ve been listening to the fear porn on cnn and msnbc. We’re at 700 plus deaths and the curve is dramatically flattening. By Easter, we could see a completely different outlook. Hundreds of thousands of deaths is not only unrealistic, it is propaganda.
26 Mar 2020 07:49 #4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ramage on topic Sophie’s Choice, 2020 Style

Her's a scenario that is already occurring:
Say you are a hairstylist/salon owner and the local government has closed down your small business. With no business income you cannot pay your monthly lease to the salon’s landlord. The landlord, with no income from his tenant, cannot pay the business loan on the building in which the salon resides. Worst of all, neither salon owner nor landlord can recover from this crisis because their credit scores are ruined. The bank ends up owning foreclosed properties it cannot unload because its potential buyers are no longer creditworthy. Multiply this across the country and imagine the devastation.
26 Mar 2020 07:53 #5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Rick on topic Sophie’s Choice, 2020 Style

homeagain wrote:

Pony Soldier wrote: I sort of assumed this would be about the Easter deadline. That is also a Sophie's Choice that will have to be made by Trump. Sacrifice the economy almost completely and face decades of depression and starvation or sacrifice a few thousand people...glad I'm not the one making that choice.


an error in your equation....it would be 100's of thousands, NOT a few thousand. Either way ,
the economy is screwed (the tarp and derivatives were the factors in 2008 and look how long it
took to come to "even" or out of the great recession)

The problem I have is INTEGRITY and facing facts..TRUTH is essential, NOT just an option. IF THE KING suddenly became a magnificent, majestic MAN...(think Andrew Coumo) I would be behind him all the way...perhaps, THIS is his light bulb moment and his way of walking thru life
will MATURE in ways that will be astonishing...so, can't truly respond to your question right now.

I will say it's extremely encouraging that he is listening to Dr. F. and the doctor has indicated
that the media is making it difficult for him to interface with TRUMP. We are so-o-o scewed
if Dr. F. is out of the equation.

i was hoping you would answer the main question of this topic HA. If you have the power to chose an outcome, would you pick the fast recovery from the virus with a fast recovery of the economy if it meant YOUR king would get 4 more years? Or would you pick the slower recovery that killed more people but Trump would be defeated and fully bankrupt?
26 Mar 2020 08:00 #6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by FredHayek on topic Sophie’s Choice, 2020 Style

Pony Soldier wrote: I sort of assumed this would be about the Easter deadline. That is also a Sophie's Choice that will have to be made by Trump. Sacrifice the economy almost completely and face decades of depression and starvation or sacrifice a few thousand people...glad I'm not the one making that choice.


I was talking to the former mayor of a Washington town already hit hard by Coronavirus and asked if she wanted to run again. She just laughed. Who would want to be in office right now and deal with this?
Saw senators on the floor voting on the bill last night, way too close! I am really surprised we aren't seeing more retirements. Nancy Pelosi turns 80 this year. Time to retire and try to stay alive.

Back on topic. I so wish we had a control Earth to game out these different scenarios. I am watching the destruction of the local economy, but I still believe it will bounce back fairly fast once this blows over.
There is talk about it returning in the Fall. I think America will be much more resistant to quarantine laws the second time around, especially if we are well supplied with medical gear by then.
#35
26 Mar 2020 08:11 #7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by homeagain on topic Sophie’s Choice, 2020 Style

Pony Soldier wrote: I see you’ve been listening to the fear porn on cnn and msnbc. We’re at 700 plus deaths and the curve is dramatically flattening. By Easter, we could see a completely different outlook. Hundreds of thousands of deaths is not only unrealistic, it is propaganda.

[/b]

www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/16/u...h-toll-scenario.html

Quite honestly, I do not think ANYONE KNOWS......this is NOT A hoax....the experts in the field
have more info than anyone and THEY are so far behind in gathering stats because of lack of test equip.......THIS is not miraculous magic.....poof GONE.
26 Mar 2020 08:38 #8

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Sophie’s Choice, 2020 Style

Thanks for proving my point about propaganda by citing the NYT...
26 Mar 2020 11:29 #9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by homeagain on topic Sophie’s Choice, 2020 Style

Pony Soldier wrote: Thanks for proving my point about propaganda by citing the NYT...



HOW MANY LINKS DO I NEED TO POST THAT R ACCEPTABLE TO YOU?
26 Mar 2020 17:07 #10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum
sponsors
© My Mountain Town (new)
Google+