IMF...."in deep trouble"

03 Apr 2020 12:29 #1 by homeagain
www.forbes.com/sites/sergeiklebnikov/202...crisis/#61a9d2ed707e

IMF....is stating this is FAR WORSE than 2008......what the king does, in this moment in time,WILL BE the death throes of our country OR
DECISIVE deeds that save a nation.....electing to NOT provide PPE directly to hospitals is an indication of which way this will go...wanta'
place a bet on the king's getting this right???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Apr 2020 17:22 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic IMF...."in deep trouble"
They have adjusted the expected death toll down from 2 million to 200,000 or less so he must be doing something right. But I think you are expecting too much from a politician. They can help things but you can't control human behavior. It is interesting to see which states have been hit hard and which haven't. NYC is in much worst straits than LA. Why? Could it be because New York relies much more on crowded public transportation? Los Angeles, not so much. California clamped down only three days before New York State but such different infection rates.
And the IMF is worldwide, so to expect President Trump to control a multinational group is just plain silly.
I am seeing more disturbing numbers out of poor countries where the actual death rate is not accurate. People dead in the streets, but no one is counting them.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Apr 2020 17:45 #3 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic IMF...."in deep trouble"

FredHayek wrote: They have adjusted the expected death toll down from 2 million to 200,000 or less so he must be doing something right. But I think you are expecting too much from a politician. They can help things but you can't control human behavior. It is interesting to see which states have been hit hard and which haven't. NYC is in much worst straits than LA. Why? Could it be because New York relies much more on crowded public transportation? Los Angeles, not so much. California clamped down only three days before New York State but such different infection rates.
And the IMF is worldwide, so to expect President Trump to control a multinational group is just plain silly.
I am seeing more disturbing numbers out of poor countries where the actual death rate is not accurate. People dead in the streets, but no one is counting them.

NO, you are right, U can't control human nature....social distancing is NOT being done adequately,per Dr.F....BUT, a LEADER of the nation is required to rise to the occasion....that was why he was elected,the populace thought he was up to the job...NOT. THIS is a test,
the king will become a historic hero or a cowardly champ.....I'm seeing the latter....:sick:

03 Apr 2020 22:15 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic IMF...."in deep trouble"

homeagain wrote:

FredHayek wrote: They have adjusted the expected death toll down from 2 million to 200,000 or less so he must be doing something right. But I think you are expecting too much from a politician. They can help things but you can't control human behavior. It is interesting to see which states have been hit hard and which haven't. NYC is in much worst straits than LA. Why? Could it be because New York relies much more on crowded public transportation? Los Angeles, not so much. California clamped down only three days before New York State but such different infection rates.

NO, you are right, U can't control human nature....social distancing is NOT being done adequately,per Dr.F....BUT, a LEADER of the nation is required to rise to the occasion....that was why he was elected,the populace thought he was up to the job...NOT. THIS is a test,
the king will become a historic hero or a cowardly champ.....I'm seeing the latter....:sick:

I’m about 99.876% sure the no matter how many good decisions he was to make, YOUR King would never be a hero in your eyes or in the eyes of YOUR media. Btw, Biden just had to admit Trump was right about the early travel ban. You know, the one where your brilliant sources called Trump a racist xenophobe. I’m glad he doesn’t bend to the outrage of idiots.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

04 Apr 2020 10:15 #5 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic IMF...."in deep trouble"
I fear the media and some people on this board are so anti-Trump that they will attack any decision he makes. Example? The antimalaria cocktail. They jumped on Trump for endorsing this, even blamed him for a death that clearly wasn't his fault. While it isn't a perfect cure, quite nasty in fact, it is keeping Covid patients off ventilators.
The press? They won't admit that this pharmaceutical cocktail did need more study before being eliminated as a weapon in the fight against Coronavirus.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds