Cohesive Comment?

23 May 2020 13:40 #11 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Cohesive Comment?
Here's the hard way: Cuban made his billion by selling a start up , broadcast.com, to Yahoo.com. This sale was 9 months after the IPO.
From Wikipedia.com (also available on a myriad of other sources. )
"On April 1, 1999, less than 9 months after the IPO, Yahoo! announced the acquisition of broadcast.com for $5.7 billion in stock.[6] At the time, broadcast.com had 570,000 users, and the purchase price was $10,000 per user. Cuban sold most of his Yahoo stock that same year, netting over $1 billion.[7] Founder Chris Jaeb, whose stake was diluted to less than 1% of the company, received approximately $50 million from the sale.[2]

The service became a part of Yahoo! Broadcast Services.[8]

Yahoo shut down much of its broadcast services in 2002[9] and broadcast.com has since been discontinued. Yahoo's high-profile purchase of broadcast.com has since been called one of the worst internet acquisitions.[10][11]

I treasure the hypocrisy of the those suffering from TDS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 May 2020 14:08 #12 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Cohesive Comment?
www.biography.com/business-figure/mark-cuban

FULL forward thinking followup of Cuban......INSIGHTFUL and innovative AND obnoxious at times, he
has an independent streak, NOT a sheeple. START UPS was the $$$$maker.

23 May 2020 16:48 #13 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Cohesive Comment?
Are you sure that you are not describing President Trump? Mark Cuban has been a support of President Trump, as late as March 30, 2020.
Mark Cuban praises Trump: Says he deserves ‘all the credit in the world’ for handling of coronavirus outbreak
Cuban's comments about Trump are refreshing to say the least.
BY POLIZETTE STAFF
MARCH 31, 2020

lifezette.com 3/31/20.

23 May 2020 17:14 #14 by homeagain

ramage wrote: Are you sure that you are not describing President Trump? Mark Cuban has been a support of President Trump, as late as March 30, 2020.
Mark Cuban praises Trump: Says he deserves ‘all the credit in the world’ for handling of coronavirus outbreak
Cuban's comments about Trump are refreshing to say the least.
BY POLIZETTE STAFF
MARCH 31, 2020

lifezette.com 3/31/20.

www.businessinsider.com/mark-cuban-tells...ys-the-victim-2020-5

I''ll take BUSINESS INSIDER as my baseline source.....U R speaking in the past tense....THE VICTIM CARD is the king's fall back.....oh woe is me, I'm being UNFAIRLY treated and misaligned. I posted
CUBAN puts it out there ..and in this case, HE NAILED IT. YOUR source is questionable....:whistle:

24 May 2020 11:54 #15 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Cohesive Comment?

ramage wrote: Here's the hard way: Cuban made his billion by selling a start up , broadcast.com, to Yahoo.com. This sale was 9 months after the IPO.
From Wikipedia.com (also available on a myriad of other sources. )
"On April 1, 1999, less than 9 months after the IPO, Yahoo! announced the acquisition of broadcast.com for $5.7 billion in stock.[6] At the time, broadcast.com had 570,000 users, and the purchase price was $10,000 per user. Cuban sold most of his Yahoo stock that same year, netting over $1 billion.[7] Founder Chris Jaeb, whose stake was diluted to less than 1% of the company, received approximately $50 million from the sale.[2]

The service became a part of Yahoo! Broadcast Services.[8]

Yahoo shut down much of its broadcast services in 2002[9] and broadcast.com has since been discontinued. Yahoo's high-profile purchase of broadcast.com has since been called one of the worst internet acquisitions.[10][11]

I treasure the hypocrisy of the those suffering from TDS.

Yahoo has made a lot of mistakes, many companies do. Maybe Cuban was smart enough to ditch his company when he realized it had a limited future? I like Cuban for the most part, but like Trump and Musk, they all love the spotlight.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 May 2020 06:56 #16 by homeagain
www.marketwatch.com/story/mark-cuban-say...big-catch-2020-05-17

The man has a PLAN.....he' s floating financial stimulus,in way,that just MIGHT work....at least he is
thinking out of the box and viewing various options.....not the same old same old...corp. FIRST .for $$$$.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds