All of a sudden it is 1984

08 Jun 2020 08:39 #11 by FredHayek

hillfarmer wrote: You are correct - there is no hope that I would ever fall for the ideologies and ideas you promote. The article by Tom Cotton was an exercise in racism and white privilege that perfectly captured that ideology.

Celebrate diversity* *unless it is political opinions that aren't mine.

Scary how many on the Left want one party rule. One party rule gave us the cities of Detroit and Baltimore. Corrupt politician after corrupt politician.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Jun 2020 14:32 #12 by Blazer Bob

hillfarmer wrote: You are correct - there is no hope that I would ever fall for the ideologies and ideas you promote. The article by Tom Cotton was an exercise in racism and white privilege that perfectly captured that ideology.

The question at is is not what he wrote.

The question at hand is do you think he has a right to express his views if they are different than yours. The NYT aparently does not.

08 Jun 2020 14:58 #13 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote:

The question at is is not what he wrote.

The question at hand is do you think he has a right to express his views if they are different than yours. The NYT aparently does not.

IF I wrote an opinion piece, submitted it to ANY news paper....stating that for the countries highest good,
the president should be shackled and hung up by his feet till he ceased to breath....SHOULD THAT
BE PUBLISHED?

08 Jun 2020 18:15 #14 by Blazer Bob
Of course. Did you not take high school civics. Just don't yell fire in a crowded theater.

BTW, your example sucks, There are movies, plays etc depecting the assasination of the presedent going back several administrations at least.They were not censored.

Back when liberals were sane the ACLU defended the KKK's right to march. Not because they supported the KKK but because free speacjh used to mean something to the left.

08 Jun 2020 18:24 #15 by Blazer Bob
https://www.iheartradio.ca/image/policy:1.2649671:1548364888/kathy.jpg?f=default&$p$f=79f3e6c

09 Jun 2020 06:50 #16 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote: I’m curious what you both think of the topic posted, not the comments we made but what the NYT did.

appropriate process not followed.....they admitted that. The industry, *any industry for that matter,is up
against a fast paced,24 hr news cycle...the required speed to compete, is stunting decision making processes...NO time to review,recheck,rethink....THAT is a HUGE concern as this warp speed plan
to get a vaccine out NOW.....is being implemented...FDA will fast track and THEN accept the fall out for
any failures/fatalities....and there will be.

FOR BB... I answered the question in a succinct manner...they admitted it was wrong...what MORE do U
want.?

09 Jun 2020 15:48 #17 by Blazer Bob
I am hoping that someone, somewhere will notice a pattern, connect some dots and realize that our slide twards a dystopian orwellian society will be bad for all of us.

09 Jun 2020 20:32 #18 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic All of a sudden it is 1984

Blazer Bob wrote: I am hoping that someone, somewhere will notice a pattern, connect some dots and realize that our slide twards a dystopian orwellian society will be bad for all of us.

Plenty with eyes and ears notice but they are not willing to admit it. We know that if this was done by a conservative paper of network, the NYT would be jumping on it like a tiger to a steak.

And here we go...

New York Times opinion editor resigns following ‘Send in the Troops’ controversy

Washington Post media critic Erik Wemple wrote a pointed critique under the headline: “Crisis of conviction at the New York Times,” in which he said that in just two days, the New York Times had “alienated staffers, readers, liberals, conservatives, free-expression absolutists of all political persuasions and Tom Cotton.”

www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/busin...s-cotton-controversy

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Jun 2020 21:50 #19 by Blazer Bob
"Plenty with eyes and ears notice but they are not willing to admit it."

My current theory is that the disconnect between the real world and the world the progressives live in is causing some kind of psychotic break.

10 Jun 2020 07:33 #20 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote: "Plenty with eyes and ears notice but they are not willing to admit it."

My current theory is that the disconnect between the real world and the world the progressives live in is causing some kind of psychotic break.

[/b]

AND I believe that to be apparent, when about 30 percent of the populace are bleaching their food and gargling with bleach or ingesting bleach because the king states it might be a good idea....friggin' down
right frightening that people are that malleable....and have NO common sense.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds