All of a sudden it is 1984

04 Jun 2020 21:01 #1 by Blazer Bob
And suddenly the Onion is not satire.

donsurber.blogspot.com/2020/06/nyt-denounces-nyt.html

"The New York Times today denounced the New York Times for publishing a rare column by a conservative.

The newspaper ran a column on Wednesday by Republican Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas who argued that we should stop the rioting and looting in the country.

Today, reporter Marc Tracy of the New York Times responded with a story, "Senator’s ‘Send In the Troops’ Op-Ed in The Times Draws Online Ire."

The subheadline said, "Staff members at the newspaper, including a Pulitzer winner, denounced an opinion essay by Tom Cotton, Republican of Arkansas, calling for a military response to protests."

The story was a cry for censoring the New York Times by the New York Times."...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jun 2020 20:55 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic All of a sudden it is 1984

Blazer Bob wrote: And suddenly the Onion is not satire.

donsurber.blogspot.com/2020/06/nyt-denounces-nyt.html

"The New York Times today denounced the New York Times for publishing a rare column by a conservative.

The newspaper ran a column on Wednesday by Republican Senator Tom Cotton of Arkansas who argued that we should stop the rioting and looting in the country.

Today, reporter Marc Tracy of the New York Times responded with a story, "Senator’s ‘Send In the Troops’ Op-Ed in The Times Draws Online Ire."

The subheadline said, "Staff members at the newspaper, including a Pulitzer winner, denounced an opinion essay by Tom Cotton, Republican of Arkansas, calling for a military response to protests."

The story was a cry for censoring the New York Times by the New York Times."...

Every day there is more solid proof that journalism is mostly dead and forgotten my most. If you can't see this reality, I don't think you ever will because you just don't want to. I wish the original mission of journalism was taught in our schools, there would be at least a chance for it to return and give the future generations a chance to think for themselves.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Jun 2020 10:29 #3 by FredHayek
They are advocates, not journalists. And they pretend to celebrate diversity but not if you think differently than they do.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

06 Jun 2020 14:12 #4 by hillfarmer
You are absolutely right - that describes Fox News and NewsMax perfectly.

06 Jun 2020 15:24 #5 by homeagain

hillfarmer wrote: You are absolutely right - that describes Fox News and NewsMax perfectly.

OH, and there is INFO WARS....yet another awesome news source.

07 Jun 2020 15:39 #6 by Blazer Bob

homeagain wrote:

hillfarmer wrote: You are absolutely right - that describes Fox News and NewsMax perfectly.

OH, and there is INFO WARS....yet another awesome news source.

If you two do not understand the difference between the above and the Gray Lady, newspaper of record and "All the News That's Fit to Print" apologizing for printing a disending viewpoint you are both past all hope.

07 Jun 2020 15:56 #7 by hillfarmer
You are correct - there is no hope that I would ever fall for the ideologies and ideas you promote. The article by Tom Cotton was an exercise in racism and white privilege that perfectly captured that ideology.

07 Jun 2020 16:19 #8 by homeagain

hillfarmer wrote: You are correct - there is no hope that I would ever fall for the ideologies and ideas you promote. The article by Tom Cotton was an exercise in racism and white privilege that perfectly captured that ideology.[

AND MY ANSWER FROM THE TEST....(TOPIC)....COTTON was mimicking his muse......

TRUMP testing the waters...a dictator deciding IF he could powergrab the protectors of the Constitution....IF our military leaders were malleable,
and could be MANIPULATED....much to his chagrin, the command was called out and cancelled....THAT WAS A SIGNAL....the king's demands are
being dismissed...watch what happens,as he continues to hunker down BEHIND his wonderful WHITEHOUSE WALL.....

07 Jun 2020 19:48 #9 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic All of a sudden it is 1984
I’m curious what you both think of the topic posted, not the comments we made but what the NYT did.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

07 Jun 2020 21:20 #10 by homeagain

Rick wrote: I’m curious what you both think of the topic posted, not the comments we made but what the NYT did.

appropriate process not followed.....they admitted that. The industry, *any industry for that matter,is up
against a fast paced,24 hr news cycle...the required speed to compete, is stunting decision making processes...NO time to review,recheck,rethink....THAT is a HUGE concern as this warp speed plan
to get a vaccine out NOW.....is being implemented...FDA will fast track and THEN accept the fall out for
any failures/fatalities....and there will be.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds