What is the Democrat Plan?

28 Jun 2020 19:35 #11 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic What is the Democrat Plan?

homeagain wrote: "There is no plan",let me amend THAT to....workable plan. The D's will do a wholesale give away and
THAT is not workable....the R's will continue to screw the middle class/lower middle class until they
are at below poverty level,all the while making CERTAIN they and their wealthy constituents/corporate
concerns are reaping the R'S tax cuts and loopholes..... NO trickle down,the haves and have nots
become narrower and narrower....image a hiking path thru the woods....clearly defined and wide,travel further
and it narrows slightly,travel further into the woods it has some undergrowth,but still a path, travel further and the undergrowth needs to be cut away,but there is a trace of the path...travel further the path is faint,barely
visible....THEN U are in the depth of the forest....trees,foliage on all sides. Both plans put U in deep shit.

Actually, the truth is that more people came out of poverty and dependence on food stamps etc as the economy took off in 2017.

If you don't think Trump's method was worthy of lifting more people out of poverty and you don't think the Democrats have a better plan, then you must have an opinion and an alternative idea. If you don't have a better idea, then it seems you must pick between the two parties which have complete opposite economic strategies. So which is it, if you don't mind me asking?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jun 2020 07:11 #12 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: "There is no plan",let me amend THAT to....workable plan. The D's will do a wholesale give away and
THAT is not workable....the R's will continue to screw the middle class/lower middle class until they
are at below poverty level,all the while making CERTAIN they and their wealthy constituents/corporate
concerns are reaping the R'S tax cuts and loopholes..... NO trickle down,the haves and have nots
become narrower and narrower....image a hiking path thru the woods....clearly defined and wide,travel further
and it narrows slightly,travel further into the woods it has some undergrowth,but still a path, travel further and the undergrowth needs to be cut away,but there is a trace of the path...travel further the path is faint,barely
visible....THEN U are in the depth of the forest....trees,foliage on all sides. Both plans put U in deep shit.

Actually, the truth is that more people came out of poverty and dependence on food stamps etc as the economy took off in 2017.

If you don't think Trump's method was worthy of lifting more people out of poverty and you don't think the Democrats have a better plan, then you must have an opinion and an alternative idea.
If you don't have a better idea, then it seems you must pick between the two parties which have complete opposite economic strategies. So which is it, if you don't mind me asking?

39.7 million people
In 2017, there were 39.7 million people in poverty, not statistically different from the number in poverty in 2016.Sep 12, 2018......could U provide a link to your assertion?

WHAT I want, and what this country desperately NEEDS is a government that can come to a compromise
and work together....D's do NOT GET ALL of the cash give aways AND the R;s do NOT GET ALL THE CASH GRABS FOR THE TOP 1 percent.

29 Jun 2020 19:09 #13 by Rick

homeagain wrote:
WHAT I want, and what this country desperately NEEDS is a government that can come to a compromise
and work together....D's do NOT GET ALL of the cash give aways AND the R;s do NOT GET ALL THE CASH GRABS FOR THE TOP 1 percent.

You know that compromise isn't possible, not in this environment.

You know the playbook for both parties unless you have chosen to be uninformed. You know what Trump has done with taxes and regulations and energy and you know what dems have planned for taxes, regulation, and energy.... they are drastically different and you're not going to see a compromise, especially if one side gets the House, Senate, and presidency. You're obviously not voting for Trump so you will be voting for Biden and the far left policies that he will be forced to enact. How do you think those far left economic policies are going to work out as we struggle to get our economy running strong again?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

29 Jun 2020 23:56 #14 by FredHayek

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

You know the playbook for both parties unless you have chosen to be uninformed. You know what Trump has done with taxes and regulations and energy and you know what dems have planned for taxes, regulation, and energy.... they are drastically different and you're not going to see a compromise, especially if one side gets the House, Senate, and presidency. You're obviously not voting for Trump so you will be voting for Biden and the far left policies that he will be forced to enact. How do you think those far left economic policies are going to work out as we struggle to get our economy running strong again?

A Biden presidency will be very interesting to see how it plays out. Will he actually run the White House? Will his wife Jill? Or will someone else be actually in charge, the Chief of Staff? The VP?
There might be a nasty fight for power if Joe wins.
So I don't know if it will be as hard Left as some worry about. All depends on who wins backstage.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Jun 2020 07:47 #15 by Pony Soldier
You aren't paying attention. It's quite obvious who will be running the show if Biden wins.

30 Jun 2020 09:00 #16 by homeagain

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote:

You know the playbook for both parties unless you have chosen to be uninformed.
You know what Trump has done with taxes and regulations and energy and you know what dems have planned for taxes, regulation, and energy.... they are drastically different and you're not going to see a compromise, especially if one side gets the House, Senate, and presidency. You're obviously not voting for Trump so you will be voting for Biden and the far left policies that he will be forced to enact. How do you think those far left economic policies are going to work out as we struggle to get our economy running strong again?

THEN put it right and throw the whole of this FUBAR FAR,FAR AWAY....a do over.restart...restructure.

30 Jun 2020 10:25 #17 by FredHayek

Pony Soldier wrote: You aren't paying attention. It's quite obvious who will be running the show if Biden wins.

AOC?
If Elizabeth Warren is the VP, I see how she could be a huge puppet master. But how much power depends on if the Dems can win the Senate back and keep the House. Right now I would guess they will win all three, just like the first two years of Obama. Then they will press too hard, and the Republicans will take back the House and Senate. This might change, but my guess for now.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Jun 2020 18:28 #18 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

THEN put it right and throw the whole of this FUBAR FAR,FAR AWAY....a do over.restart...restructure.

And how exactly can that be done other than a very unrealistic dream? I live in reality, always have. We have two parties and we have a congress that only gets worse every year and will never change because they will never vote for term limits. So what we have can not ever be "thrown away". we are stuck with two sides which are opposites, you have to pick a side or you sit on the sidelines and watch. There are no alternatives, PERIOD.

George Orwell

30 Jun 2020 19:01 #19 by Pony Soldier
Pfft!!’ AOC??? She takes orders. She doesn’t give them. Obama will be running the show through proxy. Actually, the people who controlled Obama will be.

30 Jun 2020 20:16 #20 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic What is the Democrat Plan?
George Soros

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds