Former Jeffrey Epstein companion Ghislaine Maxwell is in federal custody

01 Aug 2020 12:57 #41 by FredHayek
I know justice can move quite slow in this nation but people have known about Epstein for decades yet none of his powerful customers have been charged yet. I will be very happy to see these celebrity pedophiles jailed but I am not expecting many to serve time.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Aug 2020 18:15 #42 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: I know justice can move quite slow in this nation but people have known about Epstein for decades yet none of his powerful customers have been charged yet. I will be very happy to see these celebrity pedophiles jailed but I am not expecting many to serve time.

If they are not going to serve time they better be absolutely destroyed and "Suicided", Clinton style.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

05 Aug 2020 18:40 #43 by Blazer Bob

FredHayek wrote: I know justice can move quite slow in this nation but people have known about Epstein for decades yet none of his powerful customers have been charged yet. I will be very happy to see these celebrity pedophiles jailed but I am not expecting many to serve time.

People knew about Harvey W. for years. Same for Milken, Lower et al. If you give enough $ or have the right connections justice is not always blind.

Believe only half of what you see and none of what you hear.

05 Aug 2020 21:36 #44 by Rick

Blazer Bob wrote:

People knew about Harvey W. for years. Same for Milken, Lower et al. If you give enough $ or have the right connections justice is not always blind.

Believe only half of what you see and none of what you hear.

Well said and sadly true.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

06 Aug 2020 07:17 #45 by homeagain
AS WITH EVERYTHING...it is not what U know, but rather who U know,and $$$$ will ALWAYS make the difference.

26 Sep 2020 08:24 #46 by ramage
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blazer Bob

29 Dec 2021 17:10 #47 by ScienceChic
Hallelujah. It's not the full justice her victims deserve (as everyone involved needs to be brought up on charges, but the rich and powerful are far too often immune to accountability), but it's a good start. May she rot in hell for what she's done.

Ghislaine Maxwell found guilty, faces prospect of decades in prison
By Julie K. Brown and Ben Wieder Updated December 29, 2021 6:36 PM

Ghislaine Maxwell was found guilty Wednesday of helping to groom and recruit underage girls for the abuse of her ex-boyfriend Jeffrey Epstein, the culmination of a decade-long crusade by victims of Maxwell and Epstein to seek justice for the abuse they faced.

On the sixth day of deliberations, a Manhattan jury found Maxwell guilty of five of the six counts she faced, including a sex trafficking charge that carries a maximum penalty of 40 years in prison. Taken together, the five charges carry a maximum penalty of 65 years behind bars.

Read more at: www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/art...2.html#storylink=cpy

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

29 Dec 2021 17:41 #48 by Rick
But what about all the rich guys in high places that are going to get away with this? This wasn't just Maxwell and Epstein, this was a lot of powerful men who should also be rotting in jail. I'm guessing Maxwell has family that would be targets if she was to open her mouth and implicate the other monsters who always escape justice.

George Orwell

29 Dec 2021 18:00 #49 by FredHayek
The records have been sealed in this case. A deal that Jim Comey's daughter worked out. Such a shame that the rich and powerful who victimized these girls have no fear of prosecution. Maxwell is the scapegoat who will serve time.

I hope Wikileaks or someone similar releases the evidence. Have to think some of these perverts are being blackmailed by the FBI or someone else who "lost" the tapes and DVD's in Epstein's safe.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

29 Dec 2021 21:51 #50 by Rick
That needs to be unsealed by leadership that cares about justice for all. So many Americans are blind to facts that would implicate these criminals because their media sources ignore the crimes of their own side. Sickening.

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds