FOR SOME WAR IS NEVER OVER

10 Jul 2020 16:40 - 10 Jul 2020 16:40 #1 by ramage
While the country is subsumed by both public health and an unemployment crisis, and is separately focused on a sustained protest movement against police abuses, a massive $740.5 billion military spending package was approved last week by the Democratic-controlled House Armed Services Committee. The GOP-controlled Senate Armed Services Committee will almost certainly send the package with little to no changes to the White House for signing.

As we reported last week, pro-war and militaristic Democrats on the Committee joined with GOP Congresswoman Liz Cheney and the pro-war faction she leads to form majorities which approved one hawkish amendment after the next. Among those amendments was one co-sponsored by Cheney with Democratic Rep. Jason Crow of Colorado that impeded attempts by the Trump administration to withdraw troops from Afghanistan, and another amendment led by Rep. Ruben Gallego (D-AZ) and Cheney which blocked the White House’s plan to remove 10,000 troop stationed in Germany.

COMMONDREAMS.ORG 7/10/20

Lix Cheney's support, I will ascribe to filial devotion to her father's policies. But why is Jason Crow D6 CO, co-sponsoring this bill? The cynical wouldsay that he is curry favor with the veterans' groups in the Crow is a Iraq Vet. And that he is taking his "marching orders" from Pelosi.
Is there another explanation for Crow's action?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jul 2020 17:27 #2 by HEARTLESS
I agree with that assessment. My in-laws were telling me many interesting things about the Pelosi crime family in Baltimore, MD as that is where they are from. A search of "Pelosi family in Baltimore" will provide some fascinating articles.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

10 Jul 2020 17:29 #3 by Blazer Bob
of course. When in doubt follow the $. Eisenhower got it right 50 yrs ago.

10 Jul 2020 17:33 #4 by Blazer Bob

HEARTLESS wrote: I agree with that assessment. My in-laws were telling me many interesting things about the Pelosi crime family in Baltimore, MD as that is where they are from. A search of "Pelosi family in Baltimore" will provide some fascinating articles.

Corruption has no party. The mainstream dem's are only marginally stupider than the main stream repubs and no more corrupt.
I do not follow Q links or info but are they not, at least in part, railing against the deep state?

11 Jul 2020 06:48 #5 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote:

HEARTLESS wrote: I agree with that assessment. My in-laws were telling me many interesting things about the Pelosi crime family in Baltimore, MD as that is where they are from. A search of "Pelosi family in Baltimore" will provide some fascinating articles.

Corruption has no party. The mainstream dem's are only marginally stupider than the main stream repubs and no more corrupt.
I do not follow Q links or info but are they not, at least in part, railing against the deep state?

OMG....we agree on a topic, debate is not dead::TYspin:

11 Jul 2020 10:41 #6 by FredHayek
It used to cost over one million dollars yearly for every soldier deployed to Afghanistan. Hopefully it is cheaper now but isn't it time to get out of there? The US has tried winning hearts and minds, building roads, infrastructure, schools, even wells, but the citizens still shoot at us. Time to get out and stop wasting so much cash over there. How soon before we have the grandsons of troops who were originally deployed there?
Same with Germany. Way past time for them to defend themselves. We could just move our troops to Poland where they would be welcomed.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

11 Jul 2020 14:29 #7 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic FOR SOME WAR IS NEVER OVER
Fred,
You are spot on.
So why does Liz Cheney, Jason Crow and a majority of the House of Representatives still want to continue to have boots on the ground?
Could it be that the "deep state"/ "military industrial complex" has such control that it can dictate to our Representatives?
Or is it because of Trump Derangement Sydrome"? He is for bringing the troops home therefore, reflexively they are against it?

11 Jul 2020 14:52 #8 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic FOR SOME WAR IS NEVER OVER

ramage wrote: Fred,
You are spot on.
So why does Liz Cheney, Jason Crow and a majority of the House of Representatives still want to continue to have boots on the ground?
Could it be that the "deep state"/ "military industrial complex" has such control that it can dictate to our Representatives?
Or is it because of Trump Derangement Sydrome"? He is for bringing the troops home therefore, reflexively they are against it?

This is another subject Trump can run on and the media can continue to ignore. They don't cover Trump's desire to end the nonsense because they know Americans agree.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Jul 2020 16:29 #9 by ramage
Liz Cheney is having a cow. Dick Cheney may have a stroke but no heart attack with his 29 y.o. heart.

Several thousand US military troops were withdrawn out of five bases in Afghanistan as Pentagon fulfilled its obligation to the peace agreement reached with the Taliban in Qatar in February.

republicworld.com 7/15/20

20 Aug 2020 16:41 #10 by ramage
Not quite sure where to post this comment. Either here or start a new thread, but with so many threads that overlap sometimes people are commenting in a statement made in a different thread and it is confusing to me. So Moderators, do with this what you deem appropriate.

Today, Liz Cheney decried Q Anon, calling it a dangerous conspiracy theory. She was not questioned by the press as to the lies promulgated by here father, Dick Cheney, as to inflicting the disastrous Middle
East conflict upon the U.S.A. While Bush was shacking away at brush in Texas, Cheney and Rumsfeld were sending our troops into harms way for oil. Too bad, for us , that they refused to recognize fracking and energy independence; rather they chose to invade the Middle East in order to protect the oil companies vested there.
Q Anon is minuscule compared to the damage that they brought down upon this country

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds