When the eviction moratoriums end, what is next?

07 Aug 2020 07:51 #11 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: Maybe we should have adopted the Sweden model? Lock up the at risk seniors and keep the economy going.

If this happened under Obama I'm sure that is the model we would have used because the media would have backed every move he made. The media now isn't screaming at congress to make a stimulus deal because they don't want to see less misery before the election.

History will show that the countries that shut down ended up killing many more people, not from the virus.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Aug 2020 12:40 #12 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote:

Rick wrote:

Pony Soldier wrote: I heard on the radio today that Republicans endorsed extending the moratorium. This will devastate landlords. Why the hell does the government get to say what you can do with your own property??

The simple minded think landlords must be rich so they can easily absorb months and months of losses. Republicans are becoming as bad as Democrats.

So the landlords should also stop paying the mortgages on the homes they are still paying off?

Is it time to start worrying about the banks? Especially the small town ones? Credit unions too?

I just saw numbers today that the economy contracted over 30% last quarter. Biggest drop ever. Maybe we should have adopted the Sweden model? Lock up the at risk seniors and keep the economy going.

bolded....BINGO...banks,already have failed the stress test (most all)....the NEXT shoe to drop.

07 Aug 2020 12:53 #13 by HEARTLESS
Even CNN (Communist Numbnutz News) says 40 million at risk for eviction, while Congress sits on their fat a$$es.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds