When the eviction moratoriums end, what is next?

26 Jul 2020 10:32 #1 by HEARTLESS
The caring Left isn't concerned that they ended many jobs (COVID-19?), now as the evictions pick up, more crimes and riots? Looks like Soros will save money, no more busing in ANTIFA, the next wave of rioters used to live there.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jul 2020 10:36 #2 by FredHayek
I expect mortgage companies will offer to add on months to the end of the mortgage term. No one wants to see millions of homes get foreclosed on right now. Ironically loan rates are slipping into the 2's. Never thought I would see this.
Saw one story where mortgage companies were giving homeowners a break even if they hadn't asked.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 Jul 2020 14:13 #3 by Pony Soldier
I heard on the radio today that Republicans endorsed extending the moratorium. This will devastate landlords. Why the hell does the government get to say what you can do with your own property??

28 Jul 2020 18:00 - 31 Jul 2020 02:08 #4 by Rick
The simple minded think landlords must be rich so they can easily absorb months and months of losses. Republicans are becoming as bad as Democrats.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

29 Jul 2020 06:50 - 29 Jul 2020 06:53 #5 by homeagain
U R, just now, beginning to see THAT truth?? It has ALWAYS been present....the veil over your eyes has been lifted.:dominos: :dominos:

29 Jul 2020 18:40 - 31 Jul 2020 02:07 #6 by Rick
Not saying all Republicans are as batshit crazy as 99% of Democrats, but the Romney types are being exposed more than ever and they will have a very hard time getting reelected.

The funny thing is, if you really don't like Republicans or Democrats, then you really should like Trump. Your views seem to be squarely aligned with Democrats (and not sure what the dominoes in every post means).

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

30 Jul 2020 06:54 #7 by homeagain
:dominos::equals CHAIN REACTION...man ,I thought that was obvious. The fubar we are in is a DIRECT
result of the king's denial/lack of leadership at the start of this year.....6 months of mis steps/mute responses
and mindless musings..."like a miracle it will be gone one day...EASTER should be celebrated", I will REPEAT....I see NO ONE that can pull of a miracle of this magnitude and set things right......it will be
YEARS before we recover....watch what happens.

30 Jul 2020 07:58 #8 by homeagain
www.cnbc.com/2020/07/30/us-gdp-q2-2020-first-reading.html

NOT as bad as expect 34.5 GNP.but 32 IS a huge whole to dig out of....all because the king did NOT have a plan..when he was given ADVANCED WARNING of impeding issues that WOULD impact the nation.

30 Jul 2020 08:28 - 31 Jul 2020 02:07 #9 by HEARTLESS
As always, I expect this to fall on deaf ears. The President is the head of the executive branch of government. He can approve of deny proposed legislation sent to him by Congress, the legislative branch. He can only use executive order/privilege when the imbeciles can't forward decent proposed legislation. Stop blaming him and explain what the imbeciles in Congress are or are not doing.
Deafness and avoidance in 3-2-1....

The silent majority will be silent no more.

30 Jul 2020 09:20 #10 by FredHayek

Rick wrote:

Pony Soldier wrote: I heard on the radio today that Republicans endorsed extending the moratorium. This will devastate landlords. Why the hell does the government get to say what you can do with your own property??

The simple minded think landlords must be rich so they can easily absorb months and months of losses. Republicans are becoming as bad as Democrats.

So the landlords should also stop paying the mortgages on the homes they are still paying off?

Is it time to start worrying about the banks? Especially the small town ones? Credit unions too?

I just saw numbers today that the economy contracted over 30% last quarter. Biggest drop ever. Maybe we should have adopted the Sweden model? Lock up the at risk seniors and keep the economy going.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds