What Would You Do?

27 Jul 2020 21:28 #1 by Rick
What Would You Do? was created by Rick
Just thought this could be a fun thread to start. Put yourself in the shoes of anyone you can think of... Trump, Biden, any politician, any average Joe, any celebrity... anyone. I do this all the time when I think about what I would do if I was the president in any given situation... I think that's what we should all be doing. Biden was just asked what he would have done if he was President during this pandemic and basically listed everything Trump has already done. Biden would obviously not be very good at this game.

So I'll start with an average Joe, or Jane.

You're Jane. You're driving your Jeep to a friend's house on the other side of town, and it's 10 pm. You've got your radio playing some great music and you're really diggin life right now. So you're cruising down the highway and suddenly you notice a bunch of lights in the middle of the highway, and these lights are being held by people, lots and lots of people. The last exit behind you is a mile away and traffic is starting to build behind you. You're shocked but you keep driving thinking they will provide an opening so you and the people behind you can pass through. Well, they don't. They start to yell,, throwing stuff at your beautiful new Jeep you worked your ass off for. Then they come right up to your ride and start angrily beating on it relentlessly and just broke a rear window.

What would YOU do if you were Jane (Jane is 72)? Your options are very limited.

Would you....

Roll done your window and appeal to their cause in you loudest voice?
Keep everything closed and locked., then proceed with the river of tears and begging for mercy?
Try to flip around and play Frogger with those who have no idea what they are about to deal with?
Try to slowly run the dirtbag gantlet, being careful not to ding any of the human waste that is bashing the crap out of your car?
Or would you back 50 feet, rev your motor as a first warning and then just hope these morons have just a small amount of common sense as you honk your horn and pickup speed?

This isn't what happened in Aurora, but it's happening and will just get worse. Maybe you've got another way this driver could escape that horror, I'd love to hear it!

So if you have an answer to my "what would you do" please also post your own for me and others to answer. The topics are infinite so it should be easy to think of one.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jul 2020 06:36 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic What Would You Do?
EASY answer (I do it all the time)....U omitted another option....DO A U and flip the car back around and drive
the other direction till u can exit.

When traffic is starting back up( I look forward a ways out to see what is ahead of me)OR the turn lane is backed up, I will exit the turn lane and drive 1 or two blocks up to circumvent the back up and then make
the turn.

I am NOT a sheeple...I will not idle in a long line of cars,I will execute another option...(NOT a patient person)

28 Jul 2020 07:01 #3 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic What Would You Do?

homeagain wrote: EASY answer (I do it all the time)....U omitted another option....DO A U and flip the car back around and drive
the other direction till u can exit.

But I did suggest that option... "Try to flip around and play Frogger with those who have no idea what they are about to deal with?"

So you would go the wrong way for a mile on the highway against traffic ? Doesn't sound dangerous at all LOL.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

28 Jul 2020 07:35 #4 by homeagain
Just to clarify...U did not mention the hyway had a divider/meridian...I would wait for a break in traffic
in the opposite direction and whip the car in the other direction....going with traffic...in other words,I would EXIT THE SCENE as quickly as possible....OR I WOULD SWITCH ON MY EMER SIGNAL/HONK MY HORN AND TRAVEL DOWN THE SHOULDER IF i WERE STUCK IN THE ONE WAY TRAFFIC.

29 Jul 2020 18:35 #5 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic What Would You Do?
Would you be mad that you had to do any of that, especially if they were beating on your car and scaring the crap out of you? No? Just peaceful protesters doing good work?

George Orwell

30 Jul 2020 07:09 #6 by homeagain
FIRST out of the gate....I stated I look far enough ahead to anticipate what's coming at me, SO I would
never be within range for anyone/anything to endanger me (case in point, I do NOT trust 18 wheelers, so
I view ,in advance, and either slow down or speed up to NOT be anywhere NEAR the HUGE mass of
steel.

It always stuns me, when I see a small/any vehicle IN BETWEEN TWO 18 wheelers going 65 0r 70
miles an hr. the margin for error is so slim...I shake my head at the stupidity.

30 Jul 2020 09:23 #7 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic What Would You Do?

Rick wrote: Would you be mad that you had to do any of that, especially if they were beating on your car and scaring the crap out of you? No? Just peaceful protesters doing good work?

Hooligans! Who aren't doing their cause any good. It is amazing to see the lawlessness in America right now. No wonder people don't follow the mask mandate. Others are allowed to burn down courthouses and private businesses without paying the price.
Anarchy in the USA.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Jul 2020 11:08 #8 by homeagain
AND THE RICH are innocent of everything...that is certainly myopic in it's content. Where do U draw the line on illegal, immoral and destructive?

31 Jul 2020 07:09 #9 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote:

Rick wrote: Would you be mad that you had to do any of that, especially if they were beating on your car and scaring the crap out of you? No? Just peaceful protesters doing good work?

Hooligans! Who aren't doing their cause any good. It is amazing to see the lawlessness in America right now. No wonder people don't follow the mask mandate. Others are allowed to burn down courthouses and private businesses without paying the price.
Anarchy in the USA.

[/b]

My answer was thrown in the ring....LOOK AROUND U.....the influential/affluent are NOT paying the price for their deception and illegal activities....the king has made sure THAT is not happening. The nation is re-inventing itself and that is NEVER pretty or comfortable.

31 Jul 2020 07:31 #10 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic What Would You Do?

homeagain wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

Anarchy in the USA.

[/b]

My answer was thrown in the ring....LOOK AROUND U.....the influential/affluent are NOT paying the price for their deception and illegal activities....the king has made sure THAT is not happening. The nation is re-inventing itself and that is NEVER pretty or comfortable.

[/b]Can you (U) explain that? I'm more than a little confused by that statement.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds