You Either Want a King or You Don't

03 Aug 2020 06:37 #11 by homeagain

homeagain wrote: I EXPECT someone with a little bit of integrity( hard to find...but SOME semblance of that trait would be
needed)...I EXPECT some one with a working KNOWLEDGE of how not to piss off the global collective,
I EXPECT someone to put country ABOVE PERSONAL loyalty or personal gain, I EXPECT someone to
utilize the absolute BEST minds in whatever field is fubared....and FOLLOW their expertise,RATHER than
believing his/her ideas are far superior. I EXPECT a president to be an individual who would set an example
for my children/grandchildren as a model of an ADULT...THE KING IS not an adult.....HE is a stunted child
who never evolved into a fully functioning,mature individual....NOT jmo.

I'm sorry...the VERY first item is integrity,so for me, it IS about what kind of traits are required to win this race.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HappyCamper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Aug 2020 10:26 #12 by FredHayek

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: THE
SUBJECT is integrity, did U miss that point?

Actually, the subject of this thread is not about integrity. The subject is about Trump and Biden. The subject is understanding that even when Trump makes the correct decision about something important, the media will say the right move was wrong, even when it was clearly right. It's also about what kind of policies we will see implemented if Biden wins and how his handlers, who actually have active brain cells, will be running the show and running the country into economic hell.

The WSJ had a letter to the editor today comparing the Obama economy to the Trump one. 8% unemployment was still going on until Barack's second term, then the House Republicans and the GOP Senate were finally able to take back control, and make the government more business friendly. Only then did unemployment start to decline.

04 Aug 2020 06:54 #13 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote:

Rick wrote:

Actually, the subject of this thread is not about integrity. The subject is about Trump and Biden. The subject is understanding that even when Trump makes the correct decision about something important, the media will say the right move was wrong, even when it was clearly right. It's also about what kind of policies we will see implemented if Biden wins and how his handlers, who actually have active brain cells, will be running the show and running the country into economic hell.

The WSJ had a letter to the editor today comparing the Obama economy to the Trump one. 8% unemployment was still going on until Barack's second term, then the House Republicans and the GOP Senate were finally able to take back control, and make the government more business friendly. Only then did unemployment start to decline.

Let me review....the FIRST term was trashed because of the "great recession",banks, derivatives and
a Ponzi scheme.....it took a second term to RIGHT THE SHIP,it had nothing to do with the R's working
the recovery...THE R'S tanked the economy and the D's dived into a cesspool to stop the sewage....
I watched it in REAL TIME when ING and Lehman Bros.tanked.....sold my house BEFORE Jan. 2008
got ALL OF MY EQUITY before the housing market went south,,,watched Jim Cramer on CNBC shouting
and sweating because he was calling the deep dive and NO ONE WAS LISTENING until BAM, it was
a reality.

04 Aug 2020 08:27 #14 by Pony Soldier
That is ridiculous. The economy was crashed by a mortgage crisis brought on by democrat pushed rules that encouraged predatory lending. Rules that forced banks to lend to people who were not qualified to borrow money in any normal world.

Mice die in mousetraps because they don't understand why the cheese is free.

04 Aug 2020 09:35 #15 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote: That is ridiculous. The economy was crashed by a mortgage crisis brought on by democrat pushed rules that encouraged predatory lending. Rules that forced banks to lend to people who were not qualified to borrow money in any normal world.

DERIVATIVES were the greedy group.....FAKE MONEY floating around and MANY manipulative s got filthy
rich off a PONZI scheme.....on BOTH sides of the equation....

04 Aug 2020 13:52 #16 by FredHayek

Pony Soldier wrote: That is ridiculous. The economy was crashed by a mortgage crisis brought on by democrat pushed rules that encouraged predatory lending. Rules that forced banks to lend to people who were not qualified to borrow money in any normal world.

The bursting of the housing bubble was actually a bipartisan mistake. Both parties love the idea of Americans owning their homes, so they let people take on debt they really weren't qualified to take on. The banks knew it, but they also knew Fannie Mae would buy this bad debt.

The same thing is happening in the student loan area right now. Young people without much financial education are able to g0 100K in debt with a signature. And they won't have payments as long as they stay in school. So they aren't paying attention to rising tuition costs. I have one niece who is taking as much debt on as she can to finance her social life. She is betting on Senator Sanders paying off her debt.

04 Aug 2020 14:24 #17 by Pony Soldier
The last I checked, Barney Frank was a democrat. Bush and his admin were practically democrats. If you don’t know the history, don’t comment.

Mice die in mousetraps because they don't understand why the cheese is free.

04 Aug 2020 14:30 #18 by Blazer Bob
The left rewrites history almost faster than it is actually happening.

04 Aug 2020 15:15 #19 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote: The left rewrites history almost faster than it is actually happening.

irle.berkeley.edu/what-really-caused-the-great-recession/

HERE'S EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED.....let's make sure ALL of the players are present for their
performances,.....NOTICE that Trump is mentioned in the latter part of the piece....NOT LOOKING GOOD
for a present day scenario...:dominos:

04 Aug 2020 15:16 #20 by homeagain

homeagain wrote:

FredHayek wrote:

Rick wrote:

Let me review....the FIRST term was trashed because of the "great recession",banks, derivatives and
a Ponzi scheme.....it took a second term to RIGHT THE SHIP,it had nothing to do with the R's working
the recovery...THE R'S tanked the economy and the D's dived into a cesspool to stop the sewage....
I watched it in REAL TIME when ING and Lehman Bros.tanked.....sold my house BEFORE Jan. 2008
got ALL OF MY EQUITY before the housing market went south,,,watched Jim Cramer on CNBC shouting
and sweating because he was calling the deep dive and NO ONE WAS LISTENING until BAM, it was
a reality.

[/b]

Time to create page: 0.365 seconds