You Either Want a King or You Don't

01 Aug 2020 12:12 #1 by Rick
After a fun poker night with my leftist buddies I've discovered that they really don't know what they want from a president, at least from this one. On the one hand, two of the three wanted Trump to have a "universal plan" (federal) for Covid response. On the other hand they don't want a universal plan for dealing with the spike in violence in many cities across the country. So I asked what would have happened if Trump came out with a National plan for Covid that would be enforced for every state to follow? The answer I got was predictable from one who said Trump isn't smart enough to come up with a national plan but when I asked if Biden would be smart enough, that ended the conversation pretty quickly. The next answer was that Trump should let states decide their own plans, and I agreed. This is how our country was set up to operate from the beginning, yet if you watch the worthless media, they will tell us that Trump has no plan. Why would you want Trump to come up with a plan for every state... isn't that what a "king" would do?

So then we talk about the Democrat run cities that are being trashed by criminal "protesters". I asked why those mayors and governors are unable to control the violence and destruction that is hurting already economically damaged areas. I asked what they would think if Trump just announced that all these cities would be on their own and to not expect federal help in protecting people and businesses. Again, I got some deflection and "Trump is too stupid" comments. The president's #1 job is to protect the American people from enemies foreign and domestic. The state governments are the first line of defense, but if they fail, who should step in to do the job?

Bottom line is, there isn't any action President Trump could take that would satisfy his critics. The evidence of this fact is clear. When Trump stopped travel from China and then Europe, the left freaked out, even though the all knowing Fauci just said he was involved in those actions and that they saved lives. Trump could have demanded that older Covid patients be sent back into nursing homes instead of hospitals like Cuomo did in NY (killing a large number of elderly)... Trump would have been destroyed by the worthless media while Cuomo has been held up as some kind of hero.

If you're voting for Biden, you're voting for more overreaching government control over your life like this country has never seen. They will eliminate the filibuster (because Democrats are just that stupid and never learn) which would give them a short term green light to do whatever they want, which is unbridled control over everything. If you think the two party system sucks, just wait till it's down to one (the other party being unable to stop them). This is the goal IMO and the evidence couldn't be more clear.

So when you say you don't want a king, sorry, I just don't believe you. Some of you want king-like control, you just don' t want Trump to be that king (which he isn't but it makes you feel good to say it).

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Aug 2020 12:43 #2 by FredHayek
Agree. Too many people are tribal in their politics. Example, if Trump does something, I have to be against it.
Example: China is using TIk Tok to spy on America. Trump wants to shut down Tik Tok. I think this is a good idea sort of. I don't like the idea of governments shutting down social media, China does that a lot, but I think in this case it is warranted. Liberals are very upset with Trump's decision. But today in the WSJ, Microsoft is wanting to buy Tik Tok and that would hopefully end the Chinese spying. So hopefully the President won't shut down a social media platform and private industry will solve the spying issue.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Aug 2020 13:46 #3 by homeagain
I EXPECT someone with a little bit of integrity( hard to find...but SOME semblance of that trait would be
needed)...I EXPECT some one with a working KNOWLEDGE of how not to piss off the global collective,
I EXPECT someone to put country ABOVE PERSONAL loyalty or personal gain, I EXPECT someone to
utilize the absolute BEST minds in whatever field is fubared....and FOLLOW their expertise,RATHER than
believing his/her ideas are far superior. I EXPECT a president to be an individual who would set an example
for my children/grandchildren as a model of an ADULT...THE KING IS not an adult.....HE is a stunted child
who never evolved into a fully functioning,mature individual....NOT jmo.

01 Aug 2020 13:57 #4 by ramage
HomeAgain,
You have stated the characteristic that you are looking for in a President.
"I EXPECT someone with a little bit of integrity"

Well, realism rears its ugly head, in that we have a choice, at this time of two candidates, "THE KING" or Joe Biden.

Does Biden exhibit that "little bit of integrity" that you are looking for?

You can answer yes/no, or deflect to some article as is your modus operandi.

01 Aug 2020 14:46 #5 by Blazer Bob
".THE KING IS not an adult.....HE is a stunted child
who never evolved into a fully functioning,mature individual....NOT jmo."

Who are those people?

01 Aug 2020 15:19 #6 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: Agree. Too many people are tribal in their politics. Example, if Trump does something, I have to be against it.
Example: China is using TIk Tok to spy on America. Trump wants to shut down Tik Tok. I think this is a good idea sort of. I don't like the idea of governments shutting down social media, China does that a lot, but I think in this case it is warranted. Liberals are very upset with Trump's decision. But today in the WSJ, Microsoft is wanting to buy Tik Tok and that would hopefully end the Chinese spying. So hopefully the President won't shut down a social media platform and private industry will solve the spying issue.

PERHAPS, there is an ADDITIONAL reason for his decision...."the Geners" pulled a "cool",calculated maneuver on his ego.....erroneous information on his Tulsa OK political ploy...they utilized Tic Toc to trash
his supposed ticket sales....it's all good, they have stated they can find ANOTHER tool to "toy" with him...
so shutting it down or rehoming to another company will NOT create the results expected.

01 Aug 2020 15:22 #7 by homeagain

Blazer Bob wrote: ".THE KING IS not an adult.....HE is a stunted child
who never evolved into a fully functioning,mature individual....NOT jmo."

Who are those people?

WELL, let's see...MARY TRUMP...the trained clinical psychologist,who just happens to be a member of the infamous family and grew up witnessing his childhood...you know. the BOOK she just recently published.

01 Aug 2020 15:30 - 01 Aug 2020 15:34 #8 by homeagain

ramage wrote: HomeAgain,
You have stated the characteristic that you are looking for in a President.
"I EXPECT someone with a little bit of integrity"

Well, realism rears its ugly head, in that we have a choice, at this time of two candidates, "THE KING" or Joe Biden.

Does Biden exhibit that "little bit of integrity" that you are looking for?

You can answer yes/no, or deflect to some article as is your modus operandi.

ACTUALLY, since we have two choices, the answer would be yes....I DO NOT SEE ANYONE COMMENTING ON THE PICTURE OF TRUMP,HIS THEN GIRLFRIEND MELANIA AND THE EPSTEIN
GROUPIES.....THAT PICTURE is a disaster waiting to waste the king, THAT AND his comment I wish her
well(the asst. to EPSTEIN,who is now in custody).....WHERE are the pointed questions and outrage?

REMEMBER...this is the male,who is now our king,bragging he could grab them by their P----Y and
they couldn't do anything. JUST WOW.....WHERE is the integrity????

02 Aug 2020 11:50 #9 by FredHayek

homeagain wrote: I EXPECT someone with a little bit of integrity( hard to find...but SOME semblance of that trait would be
needed)...I EXPECT some one with a working KNOWLEDGE of how not to piss off the global collective,
I EXPECT someone to put country ABOVE PERSONAL loyalty or personal gain, I EXPECT someone to
utilize the absolute BEST minds in whatever field is fubared....and FOLLOW their expertise,RATHER than
believing his/her ideas are far superior. I EXPECT a president to be an individual who would set an example
for my children/grandchildren as a model of an ADULT...THE KING IS not an adult.....HE is a stunted child
who never evolved into a fully functioning,mature individual....NOT jmo.

And sadly despite a population of one hundred million eligible adults, your only alternative to Trump is Senator Biden. A man well past his expiration date.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Aug 2020 20:06 #10 by Rick

homeagain wrote: THE
SUBJECT is integrity, did U miss that point?

Actually, the subject of this thread is not about integrity. The subject is about Trump and Biden. The subject is understanding that even when Trump makes the correct decision about something important, the media will say the right move was wrong, even when it was clearly right. It's also about what kind of policies we will see implemented if Biden wins and how his handlers, who actually have active brain cells, will be running the show and running the country into economic hell.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds