FORCED OUT...Facebook ends it

07 Aug 2020 08:00 #1 by homeagain
thehill.com/policy/technology/511017-fac...t-and-misinformation REMOVAL OF HEARTLESS's
fav site...Facebook and others are forcing out the headfake MIS INFORMATION mess.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Aug 2020 08:07 #2 by Pony Soldier
I can vouch for the viciousness of some of the Q followers, at least on Twitter, from simply stating that I don't believe the whole thing. They pile on, call you names and threaten until you are forced to just give up on Twitter and delete your account.

07 Aug 2020 08:32 #3 by HEARTLESS

Pony Soldier wrote: I can vouch for the viciousness of some of the Q followers, at least on Twitter, from simply stating that I don't believe the whole thing. They pile on, call you names and threaten until you are forced to just give up on Twitter and delete your account.

I would question if the so called Q followers aren't just trolls trying to undermine the movement. I have yet to meet an honest Q follower that was anything but decent. They may be loud or adamant, but realize most have been duped by the Deep State.
HA, I have never been on any of the Facebook, Twitter or any other "social media" site.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

07 Aug 2020 12:10 #4 by ScienceChic
QAnon started as a joke on 4chan by an anonymous user, and while it has been largely grassroots, it's also been used by our foreign enemies to spread misinformation and propaganda (just like they've inserted themselves in BLM, racial issues, identity politics, etc to further stoke emotions and divide us further). As with anything that speaks to our own ideologies and beliefs, we have to maintain a skeptical eye and critically analyze everything. In watching some of those videos you've shared Heartless, I find them vague, open-ended, and mostly designed to further outrage and push emotional buttons, not find solutions or provide concrete evidence. Videos, in particular, are the easiest medium for manipulating people (which is why I don't watch TV news at all, much less YouTube which has zero quality control - YouTube is no different than Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or SnapChat).

DISCOVERED: Russians and Other Nefarious Operators Are Inserting Anti-Semitic Conspiracies Into the Q Movement
By Joe Hoft, The Gateway Pundit | Published August 3, 2020

Yaacov Apelbaum provided The Gateway Pundit information on how the Russians are influencing the Q phenomenon. The Russians now dominate a significant part of the QAnon activity in terms of content produced and narrative often publishing dozens of posts a day.

Russian troll accounts purged by Twitter pushed Qanon and other conspiracy theories
By Ben Collins and Joe Murphy, NBC News | Feb 2, 2019

Facebook removes troll farm posing as African-American support for Donald Trump
Facebook also removed hundreds of fake accounts linked to conservative media outlet The Epoch Times.
By Ben Collins and Kevin Collier, NBC News | August 6, 2020

Facebook removed hundreds of accounts on Thursday from a foreign troll farm posing as African-Americans in support of Donald Trump and QAnon supporters. It also removed hundreds of fake accounts linked to conservative media outlet The Epoch Times that pushed pro-Trump conspiracy theories about coronavirus and protests in the U.S.

Facebook took down the accounts as part of its enforcement against coordinated inauthentic behavior, which is the use of fake accounts to inflate the reach of content or products on social media.

The foreign pro-Trump troll farm was based in Romania and pushed content on Instagram under names like “BlackPeopleVoteForTrump” and on Facebook under “We Love Our President.”

Facebook has twice taken action against Epoch Times-related content, most recently for its use of AI-generated, deepfake-style profile pictures on fake accounts that pushed Epoch Times stories and talking points. Gleicher said that the news Epoch Media Group-related fake accounts primarily used stock photos and not AI-generated photos for profile pictures.

Until we start holding the social media companies accountable, and regulating them more tightly like television and radio have been, we will continue to have these problems which pervade every area of our lives.
Social Media Is the Problem
No social media, no collapse of American public life.
by Yevgeny Simkin, The BUlwark | July 31, 2020

Let’s take a short walk down memory lane.

It’s 1995. A man stands on a busy street corner yelling vaguely incoherent things at the passersby. He’s holding a placard that says “THE END IS NIGH. REPENT.”

You come upon this guy while out getting the paper. How do you feel about him? You might feel some flavor of annoyance. Most people would also feel compassion for him as he is clearly suffering from something.

No reasonable person would think of convincing this man that his point of view is incorrect. This isn’t an opportunity for an engaging debate. This guy doesn’t kill at parties. This guy doesn’t go to parties. He’s only out here because he’s not violent and there’s no room for him at Bellevue.

Now fast forward to 2020.

In terms of who this guy is and who you are absolutely nothing has changed. And yet here you are—arguing with him on Twitter or Facebook.

Back in 2011 Chamath Palihapitiya left Facebook and said of his former company, “It literally is a point now where I think we have created tools that are ripping apart the social fabric of how society works.”

Keep in mind that was 2011. Which we now think of as a lost Golden Age.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Aug 2020 12:19 #5 by HEARTLESS
And for SC, I have never been on 4chan, 8chan or 8kun, but have been following Q since early 2018. If you know how to search, the information is out there, or keep your head buried in the sand and hope it all goes away.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

07 Aug 2020 12:24 #6 by homeagain

HEARTLESS wrote:

Pony Soldier wrote: I can vouch for the viciousness of some of the Q followers, at least on Twitter, from simply stating that I don't believe the whole thing. They pile on, call you names and threaten until you are forced to just give up on Twitter and delete your account.

I would question if the so called Q followers aren't just trolls trying to undermine the movement. I have yet to meet an honest Q follower that was anything but decent. They may be loud or adamant, but realize most have been duped by the Deep State.
HA, I have never been on any of the Facebook, Twitter or any other "social media" site.

[/b]

NOR have I...THIS site is my sole "cyber"conversation.

07 Aug 2020 12:38 - 07 Aug 2020 12:39 #7 by ScienceChic
Sigh. Nor did I say you had Heartless. I was providing context of how Q started and the problems associated with it. There’s no need to say my “head is buried into the sand” after I just stated that I actually watched some of your videos and offered my opinion on them after doing so.

And this is why no one wants to have conversations on the internet anymore. Stop making assumptions and being so combative, dismissive, and rude. It’s tiring.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds