Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

04 Sep 2020 09:45 #1 by ScienceChic
I know this will be dismissed as being a "liberal, biased source", but consider this: if it's not true, Trump can, and will, sue and win.

So what if it is true? If they indeed have multiple sources confirming that Trump actually said these things, how do you feel about him being our Commander-In-Chief? Would be you be outraged if it were a Democratic leader who said these things? If you can picture Nancy Pelosi saying this, and it makes your blood boil, then imagine how it makes those who oppose Trump feel. Even more importantly, how it makes our troops and veterans feel.

Is he fit to lead this country, and our military, if these are his views?

The Editor in Chief of AP News:

James LaPorta @JimLaPorta 16h
A senior Defense Department official I just spoke with confirmed this story by @JeffreyGoldberg
in its entirety. Especially the grafs about the late Sen. John McCain and former Marine Gen. John Kelly, President @realDonaldTrump former chief of staff.

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’
The president has repeatedly disparaged the intelligence of service members, and asked that wounded veterans be kept out of military parades, multiple sources tell The Atlantic.
Jeffrey Goldberg, The Atlantic | September 3, 2020

When President Donald Trump canceled a visit to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018, he blamed rain for the last-minute decision, saying that “the helicopter couldn’t fly” and that the Secret Service wouldn’t drive him there. Neither claim was true.

Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Sep 2020 10:37 #2 by HEARTLESS
2018. Was that prehistoric times, before the phone, recorders, etc? Or is this sudden hearsay from a disgruntled former staff member? The word "repeatedly" is used, where is the real evidence? All the Leftist media is jumping on this all at once, almost like another staged event.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

04 Sep 2020 12:11 #3 by ScienceChic
There are multiple sources cited in the article, and AP News' editor Tweeted separately that they contacted their sources who confirmed it. This was published under The Atlantic's Editor in Chief's byline, which says something.

I do have questions though: why wasn't this reported earlier and who are the anonymous sources? It would lend a lot of credibility if even one of them would come forward and state this publicly. I get not wanting to be relentlessly harassed by Trump supporters, bots, and trolls, but this is important.

However, Trump himself has publicly called a former POW a loser, so this would indicate that there is truth to these anonymous claims published here, and we know that Trump skipped the ceremonies in 2018 while all the other world leaders were somehow able to make it despite the weather...

Donald Trump: John McCain Is “A Loser”
Published 5 years ago on July 18, 2015 By FITSNews

What that story shows is that Trump excels at sowing division and outrage by saying one thing and then trying to walk it back. It's tiring and not how a President should act.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

04 Sep 2020 12:36 #4 by HEARTLESS
My opinion, but No Name was a loser and viewed as a traitor by many vets.

04 Sep 2020 13:49 #5 by Pony Soldier
If you believe this crap, you deserve the government you’re likely to get in January if Biden wins. I’ll be buying up ammo...

04 Sep 2020 13:49 #6 by HEARTLESS
One final comparison from me.
1. Trump speaks his mind. Some may find it offensive, but he mostly peaks the truth.
2. Binden can barely form a coherent sentence. He has been shown to plagiarize and doesn't speak much truth, just what he thinks will get him votes.
3. Trump will never get a Mr. Congeniality award. I want a leader, not a version of Presidential manners, people can always do a write nomination for an actor that played a Presidential character.
4. Just a tiny start, but not all vets are honorable. Look up General Michael Aquino. He is but one that held high office. 5. Just because so many in the media report something all at once, please watch this short video.

I fully know the majority have already made up their mind.
6. Lastly, Harris is a radical Leftist and a dangerous potential President in the event of Biden not being able to continue. I'm no fan of Pence, but earlier I mentioned he may not be the VP candidate to actually make it. Time will tell.

04 Sep 2020 13:59 #7 by Pony Soldier
It might also help to know who the owner of the Atlantic is. Hmm, a Biden megadonor would have no reason to make up a story about Trump...

04 Sep 2020 17:01 #8 by Blazer Bob
Come on man. All this deserves is a belly laugh. It's like kindergarten. His mother wears army boots.

05 Sep 2020 08:44 #9 by FredHayek
I think this is a lot more complicated than the Atlantic would have you believe.
President Trump does say stuff offhand. And he changes his opinion.
For example, claiming bone spurs to get out of Vietnam. When I was 18, I was super happy I wasn't forced to serve in a foreign war. Many Americans during that time period, resisted the draft, some even fled to Canada. President Ford pardoned those men.

Calling veterans losers? This started when candidate Trump jokingly picked on McCain for getting captured. A mean dig? It was. But McCain only became a hero after refusing to be released until everyone had been. That took great character. What did the future senator do after he got home? He abandoned his wife after she was in a car accident. That showed a lack of character.

President Trump has increased military spending for our troops, has been bringing them home from Afghanistan, the Middle East, and even Europe. In the last few weeks, he has helped initiate relations between Israel and Arab states in the Middle East so hopefully there will be less chance of US troops having to go back to the region.

So in summary, it is probably a mixed bag. Did he say people who went over to Vietnam were losers? Probably, but that was a long time ago. Many Americans called our Vietnam Vets baby killers and spat on them.

I think he has been very good to veterans and active duty military since he has become POTUS.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 Sep 2020 17:27 #10 by Pony Soldier
This is an unsourced story (sorry,but anonymous sources doesn’t cut it) from a paper owned by a Biden megadonor. It is bullshit. Plain and simple. His feud with McCain was a separate issue and McCain ended up being the slimy one in that battle. McCain had zero strength of character and voted to keep Obamacare just to spite Trump. I was disgusted when he won the Republican primary in ‘08.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds