BIDEN'S THE ONE

25 Sep 2020 06:33 - 25 Sep 2020 06:34 #51 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic BIDEN'S THE ONE
It depends on if it was fact or opinion. If it is stating facts and I don’t trust them, I’d go check on it myself. If it’s opinion, well, it’s Salon so I ignore. I’ll likely post some snarky comment about Salon in the latter case

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Sep 2020 19:31 #52 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic BIDEN'S THE ONE

Pony Soldier wrote: It depends on if it was fact or opinion. If it is stating facts and I don’t trust them, I’d go check on it myself. If it’s opinion, well, it’s Salon so I ignore. I’ll likely post some snarky comment about Salon in the latter case

The problem is that rags like Salon word their opinions as if they were fact and their readers don't know the difference. Many decades ago we had actual journalists who gave facts first then maybe gave an opinion on those facts. Now the phony journalists learn the facts then they reshape them to work with their desired narrative. CNN and MSNBC have mastered this new form of "journalism".

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell
The following user(s) said Thank You: FredHayek

25 Sep 2020 20:12 #53 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic BIDEN'S THE ONE
What happens now that isn’t journalism. At the local level, a “journalist” will get a story from Avid iNews or Reuter’s, maybe AP if it falls in line with the narrative, and, with very little effort, just read that story on air. The news director dictates what stories make the cut and those news directors know why they have their jobs. If they step out of line, they don’t. You’ve all seen the clips of multiple anchors saying either exactly the same thing or very close to the same thing, changing a couple of words. That’s why. If you want to know who controls the narrative, look at who supplies this stories. Our media is owned by a few individuals. It is not a reliable source of information. I’ve worked in media most of my adult life and I know of what I speak. Kinda funny. I left the field of environmental chemistry for a life in media because of the corruption...

26 Sep 2020 07:42 #54 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic BIDEN'S THE ONE
There is ONE "old dog" journalist who STILL knows how to RESEARCH news items.....BOB WOODWARD
Sorry, the book is a grim glimpse of the "leader" who sits on the throne. (I think it is down right stupid,that
the king's ego THOUGHT it was an honor and sat with a recorder and a RIGOROUS researcher....WHAT
WAS HE THINKING? His egocentric self was patting himself on the back,thinking historically he would be
immortalized...OH, that was such a good idea.

26 Sep 2020 08:01 - 26 Sep 2020 08:02 #55 by Rick

homeagain wrote: There is ONE "old dog" journalist who STILL knows how to RESEARCH news items.....BOB WOODWARD
Sorry, the book is a grim glimpse of the "leader" who sits on the throne. (I think it is down right stupid,that
the king's ego THOUGHT it was an honor and sat with a recorder and a RIGOROUS researcher....WHAT
WAS HE THINKING? His egocentric self was patting himself on the back,thinking historically he would be

When was the last time Woodward researched a corrupt leftist? He has so much material to work with yet I haven't seen anything from him that would expose a corrupt Democrat. Sorry HA, he's just a partisan HACK like the rest of them.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Sep 2020 13:26 #56 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic BIDEN'S THE ONE

Rick wrote:

homeagain wrote: There is ONE "old dog" journalist who STILL knows how to RESEARCH news items.....BOB WOODWARD

When was the last time Woodward researched a corrupt leftist? He has so much material to work with yet I haven't seen anything from him that would expose a corrupt Democrat. Sorry HA, he's just a partisan HACK like the rest of them.

[/b]
AHEM....He tackles Quayle,Clinton,Greenspan,the SCOTUS.....

www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/09/...they-stack-up-219735

26 Sep 2020 15:09 #57 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic BIDEN'S THE ONE

Agree, President Trump was stupid to agree to the interview. I do disagree that Woodward is a good journalist, and he isn't objective either.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 Sep 2020 09:00 #58 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote:

[/b]
AHEM....He tackles Quayle,Clinton,Greenspan,the SCOTUS.....

www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/09/...they-stack-up-219735

What does that prove? Look at how may Republicans have TDS. Woodward only has credibility with the left these days (and TDS Republicans), so if he isn't solidly anti-trump, he may as well retire.

George Orwell

27 Sep 2020 11:52 #59 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic BIDEN'S THE ONE
I have been reading so many commentaries from Never Trumpers in 2016 who now support his reelection.
I supported Cruz and Johnson in 2016, didn't trust Trump to be a true conservative, but if you look at his record, he has accomplished much more than most GOP presidents. Three Supreme Court justices, hundreds of federal judges, tax cuts, peace in the Middle East and the Balkans. He has spent too much, but in a global pandemic, spending should be encouraged.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds