First Presidential Debate Wednesday 9/30 Fox News

29 Sep 2020 20:48 #11 by Pony Soldier
Hoo boy... we’re screwed either way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Sep 2020 21:18 #12 by ramage
PS, what do you mean?

30 Sep 2020 06:01 #13 by Pony Soldier
I just wish we had better choices. Out of a country of 360 million people, well minus the 200 million dead of covid I guess, you'd think we could come up with better.

30 Sep 2020 07:37 #14 by Pony Soldier
Let me expand on that now that I've had my coffee. Trump was boorish, came across as an angry old man. He was understandably pissed, but should have been able to control himself better and articulate actual responses to lies thrown at him by both Biden and Wallace. Biden was a snake, but came across as the level headed one of the two. Between repeating often dis-proven lies - an almost constant stream - and muttering Muslim phrases under his breath (what was that even about? He's supposed to be Catholic?), it was extremely apparent to anyone who has followed closely that he's not up to the task. Biden won the debate, hands down, but did so only with people who actually believe lies. Anyone who follows closely would say that Trump won on substance but lost on behavior.

30 Sep 2020 08:54 #15 by FredHayek
Agree. These senior citizens didn't look like they were capable of running an HOA, much less a nation.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

30 Sep 2020 09:33 #16 by koobookie

Pony Soldier wrote: Let me expand on that now that I've had my coffee. Trump was boorish, came across as an angry old man. He was understandably pissed, but should have been able to control himself better and articulate actual responses to lies thrown at him by both Biden and Wallace. Biden was a snake, but came across as the level headed one of the two. Between repeating often dis-proven lies - an almost constant stream - and muttering Muslim phrases under his breath (what was that even about? He's supposed to be Catholic?), it was extremely apparent to anyone who has followed closely that he's not up to the task. Biden won the debate, hands down, but did so only with people who actually believe lies. Anyone who follows closely would say that Trump won on substance but lost on behavior.

I'm curious about a couple things in your post:
1 - Why do you say that Trump was "understandably pissed?"
2 - What were the Muslim phrases that you heard Biden mutter?

30 Sep 2020 09:57 #17 by Thumper100

koobookie wrote:

Pony Soldier wrote: Let me expand on that now that I've had my coffee. Trump was boorish, came across as an angry old man. He was understandably pissed, but should have been able to control himself better and articulate actual responses to lies thrown at him by both Biden and Wallace. Biden was a snake, but came across as the level headed one of the two. Between repeating often dis-proven lies - an almost constant stream - and muttering Muslim phrases under his breath (what was that even about? He's supposed to be Catholic?), it was extremely apparent to anyone who has followed closely that he's not up to the task. Biden won the debate, hands down, but did so only with people who actually believe lies. Anyone who follows closely would say that Trump won on substance but lost on behavior.

I'm curious about a couple things in your post:
1 - Why do you say that Trump was "understandably pissed?"
2 - What were the Muslim phrases that you heard Biden mutter?

I'd like to know the origins of understandably pissed. He started talking over Wallace and Biden at the very start. I don't believe anything was said that would logically trigger a reaction like that right away. I think his entire strategy was to derail things right from the start because, as his team has said, Biden is a very experienced debater so he didn't want to give Biden the opportunity.

Also, what particular Biden lies? I didn't watch the entire thing because it was frustrating and embarrassing. However, in the 30 minutes I watched I didn't hear any outright lies from Biden. Trump on the other hand...

30 Sep 2020 12:25 #18 by Pony Soldier
He started out with disruptions but was not visibly angry until later when both Biden and Wallace lies about the Charlottesville fine people thing.

30 Sep 2020 13:24 #19 by homeagain
and THIS person has the "football" for destruction of civilization???? YEP, that's who I want to wager
a bet that the OTHER SIDE is bluffing.....NO SELF CONTROL= unthinkable ramifications...

30 Sep 2020 13:27 #20 by homeagain

Pony Soldier wrote: Hoo boy... we’re screwed either way.

THANK YOU...PS....the light of day has "dawned" and those dark corners NOW have a spotlight shining
down into the abyss.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds