First Presidential Debate Wednesday 9/30 Fox News

30 Sep 2020 14:58 #21 by koobookie

Pony Soldier wrote: He started out with disruptions but was not visibly angry until later when both Biden and Wallace lies about the Charlottesville fine people thing.

Is that not true? Did not Trump say, about the Charlottesville protest, that there were very fine people on both sides?

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

Still curious as to what Muslim phrases you heard Biden mutter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Sep 2020 15:31 #22 by Pony Soldier
Funny how everyone likes to overlook the follow up to that:

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.

Biden clearly said inshallah (Allah willing) during the exchange about tax returns. Muslims all over the country are talking about it. Google is your friend...

30 Sep 2020 16:39 #23 by koobookie
One take away from that "debate" is that if Biden can stand there and take that kind of verbal abuse from a bully like Trump without having to respond in kind, he can certainly face down any dictator or world leader.

The other thing we learned is that Biden does not have dementia. That has been put to bed for good.

30 Sep 2020 17:22 #24 by ramage
It was good to hear that Biden does not support the Green New Deal, in spite of previous statements to the contrary, and that he does not support defunding the police. AOC and Bernie supporters must be relieved to hear such statements.
Well, Alzheimer's does cause one to forget what they said last week.

01 Oct 2020 08:10 #25 by koobookie
Any comment on Trump's refusal to condemn white supremacy groups? The Proud Boys had a banner day for recruitment yesterday.

01 Oct 2020 08:48 #26 by Pony Soldier
First, he did right before the Proud boys comment. Second, I’m not sure the Proud Bots are white supremacist. They have an awful root of black members and leaders.

01 Oct 2020 09:34 #27 by koobookie

WALLACE: You have repeatedly criticized the vice president for not specifically calling out antifa and other left-wing extremist groups. But are you willing, tonight, to condemn white supremacists and militia groups and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities as we saw in Kenosha and as we've seen in Portland? Are you prepared to specifically do that?

TRUMP: Sure, I'm prepared to do that. But I would say almost everything I see is from the left wing, not from the right wing. If you look, I'm willing to do anything. I want to see peace.

WALLACE: Then do it, sir.

BIDEN: Do it. Say it.

TRUMP: You want to call them? What do you want to call them? Give me a name, give me a name, go ahead — who would you like me to condemn?

WALLACE: White supremacists, white supremacists and right-wing militia.

TRUMP: Proud Boys, stand back and stand by. But I'll tell you what: Somebody's got to do something about antifa and the left. Because this is not a right-wing problem — this is a left-wing problem.

BIDEN: His own FBI director said ... antifa is an idea, not an organization. Not militias.

TRUMP: Oh, you gotta be kidding.

BIDEN: His FBI director said that.

WALLACE: We're done, sir.

BIDEN: Everybody in your administration.

TRUMP: When a bat hits you over the head, that's not an idea. Antifa is bad.

BIDEN: Everybody who tells you the truth in your administration has a bad idea.

TRUMP: Antifa is a dangerous, radical group, and you ought to be careful with them. They'll overthrow you.

01 Oct 2020 09:56 #28 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote: One take away from that "debate" is that if Biden can stand there and take that kind of verbal abuse from a bully like Trump without having to respond in kind, he can certainly face down any dictator or world leader.

The other thing we learned is that Biden does not have dementia. That has been put to bed for good.

No, dementia hasn't been put to bed. As the relative of someone who has dementia, they have good days and bad days. There were a couple of times Biden was about to lose his train of thought but President Trump or Chris Wallace would save him with an interruption.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Oct 2020 11:01 #29 by Pony Soldier
That is an incomplete transcript as it leaves out Trump saying sure while Wallace asks the question and also leaves out Biden giving Trump the name Proud Boys. Trump has, on many occasions, denounced white supremacy. This is just ridiculous.

01 Oct 2020 11:12 #30 by koobookie

Pony Soldier wrote: That is an incomplete transcript as it leaves out Trump saying sure while Wallace asks the question and also leaves out Biden giving Trump the name Proud Boys. Trump has, on many occasions, denounced white supremacy. This is just ridiculous.

Trump said "Proud Boys, stand back and stand by." He could have said on tv, in front of the country and the world, "I strongly denounce white supremacy groups," but he didn't. He encouraged a white supremacy group.

Later in the debate, he called for his followers to be poll watchers, which has been widely understood to be a call for voter intimidation at the polls.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds