Lori Boydston for House District 60

02 Oct 2020 14:04 #1 by Lorihd60
I am Lori Boydston, candidate for House District 60 to represent 4 counties - Chaffee, Custer, Fremont and Park. The biggest issue we face is access to high speed internet through Broadband. We can all take a Broadband speed test at:
gis.colorado.gov/speed test/.
I will work tirelessly to bring together all the entities that will make Broadband access happen for all in our rural district. Business, education, health care and communication all depend on Broadband to keep up with the world and we all need equal access especially in this time of Corona Virus.
Other issues we face are access to affordable health care, green jobs and green energy. Our environment is of big concern as we have seen our forests devastated by beetles and subsequently fires. We are experiencing hotter temperatures and varying climate that scientist say is due to the increase in carbon from humans. I learned about microscopic plastic coming down in the rain up high in our mountains where it devastates various species and the gyre, the size of Texas, of decomposing plastic bags and containers that is out in the Pacific Ocean. We need to go forward with reducing pollution by aiming for 100% renewable energy. Colorado and our rural sunny district must benefit from the production of solar energy and building efficiently. I envision more people using reusable containers. I will absolutely support a just transition for our fossil fuel workers so they can keep their income and pensions as they transition to another profession- possibly in the solar energy field.
I am running to make a difference for our children and grandchildren. I have owned and operated small businesses all of my adult life including; Frost Busters-ground thawing for construction the past 16 years and Tiredhouse BnB for 10 years (named for the 2700 tires that my energy efficient home is built with). Tiredhouse is closed down this year due to Covid-19 thus making time to run for office which is very time consuming. In my youth I was a nationally competitive gymnast. I have lived in Salida for 25 years where I raised 3 amazing children and now have 5 beautiful grandchildren. Prior to living in this amazing, most beautiful place in the world, I co-owned a landscaping construction and maintenance business for 18 years which was built from scratch to a business that served hundreds of customers each year.
My experience of working with customers to satisfy their needs and my drive and resourcefulness is why I am suited for this job of representing the people of HD60. Your support and vote are very appreciated, I look forward to serving you. www.lorihd60.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic, FredHayek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds