Reality

23 Oct 2020 06:22 #1 by Pony Soldier
Reality was created by Pony Soldier
After the last few days, I’ve come to see that we no longer debate issues. We now debate reality and can’t even agree on that. It is so disheartening to see people so wrapped up in their hatred that they ignore what’s happening. It has depressed me and I think I’ll have to take a break from politics at least for a couple of days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Oct 2020 07:18 #2 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Reality
Half the country is living in the media Matrix and refuse to take the red pill. The enemy are those who know what they should be telling us but refuse because showing the truth destroys the narrative they mostly created.

I understand your frustration PS, but the truth will always come out and this time the media won't be able to hide from it. Enjoy your break.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Oct 2020 08:12 #3 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Reality
REALITY and issues can NOT be separated...they are intertwined. PS, take time to just "be"....we still
have fall colors *altho fading fast, the horses are in the pasture and enjoying the sun and "freedom'' from
the loafing shed and corral ....geese flying over to the pond up the hill...MAYBE we might get some semblance of moisture over the week....NO rain here for months,very dry and above norm temps. An
extended Indian summer, nice, but I miss the drenching,window rattling rain storms...always remember,
THIS TOO SHALL PASS ( just not as quickly as one would like)

23 Oct 2020 12:53 #4 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Reality
I think conversations could be a lot less frustrating, and better quality about issues, if we'd all stop making assumptions about each other and tossing around terms like "the collective" and "the left" into discussions as if implying that those participating here can be lumped into those boxes and therefore demeaned and disregarded (or not, but just talking about other people, rather than issues and ideas, in general, sucks). You are welcome to consider this advice, or leave it, but I've found that my outlook is much improved if I go into conversations with an attitude of assuming the best about the other person replying, not the worst. It's not always easy, and I'm not perfect, but this corny acronym helps:
T Is it True?
H Is it Helpful?
I Is it Inspiring?
N Is it Necessary?
K Is it Kind?

This book helped me too: The Four Agreements
The Four Agreements are:
  1. Be Impeccable With Your Word.
  2. Don't Take Anything Personally.
  3. Don't Make Assumptions.
  4. Always Do Your Best.

Taking a break is always a good idea, especially during contentious election seasons, or try checking out some of our other forums for a different kind of break. Take care of yourself PS, et al, and stay healthy!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 Oct 2020 20:52 #5 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Reality
It's just frustrating as hell for me when I try to get answers about something that doesn't have anything to do with Trump and what I always get is "What about Trump..". I really want to understand the other side because I have 3 parents who are hard left and I can't ask them the questions I ask you all. I also can't ask my liberal friends. The only way to understand any ideology or opinion is to listen, and to ask questions that are answered. I just don't understand why answering a question with a direct and relevant response is such a hard thing to do.

I'll say to everyone here, if I'm involved in a topic, I will answer any question you'd like an answer to. I want to understand you and you should want to understand me and people like me... that's how it should work but I think it rarely happens. If we start to understand how the other side thinks, we both may see a little light that we didn't expect to find. Hope you have a great weekend.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Oct 2020 21:54 #6 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Reality
whataboutism is very infectious and affects millions of Americans.

24 Oct 2020 05:39 #7 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Reality
Oh man! What a difference a day makes! I feel like a new person already but I suspect it has more to do with a bit of rest than a break from here. It has been hell month with my schedule and it has, unfortunately, found it’s way into my posts here. Sorry if I have outright offended anyone. I really meant to more subtly offend you... B)

I do see a problem with alternate realities in America and it is 100% because of media. Many people invest their trust into media outlets they think of as credible. They don’t realize how media has evolved over the years to be mass manipulation. Major media sources are completely controlled. I don’t know by who, but I know how. Every local station has a News Director. That person is in charge of what copy is passed on. All national stories come through Avid iNews or AP and are approved by this Director. This person sits on a call every morning and gets their marching orders. I could tell you who is setting the agenda, but you probably wouldn’t believe me, but don’t trust that our intelligence community has our best interests at heart. If they break from those orders, they are replaced immediately. These orders are the same ones that go to the national news which is why they all say the same thing usually using the same words. It would be comical if it weren’t so dangerous for our country. We have fallen to propaganda at its highest form. Orwell would have been sickened to see just how accurate he was. I fear what this country has become because of the technology that is available. World domination is easy with these tools.

24 Oct 2020 08:08 - 24 Oct 2020 08:09 #8 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Reality
We have fallen to propaganda at its highest form. Orwell would have been sickened to see just how accurate he was. I fear what this country has become because of the technology that is available. World domination is easy with these tools......

A book "FAKE NEWS NATION"....shows us that this paradigm is NOT new...it just has morphed into a fast
paced phase,because of soc.media....the propaganda,in different form,has been there ALL ALONG, I highly
recommend reading it and Confessions of an economic Hitman (revised updated edition available)

The two books, coupled together, show our nation "naked and notorious".....which is why I have stated
MANY times...we need a REDO of our gov.

24 Oct 2020 09:25 #9 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Reality
We can’t even agree on what is real and what is fake. There is no possibility of remaking the government into a better system while they keep us divided and at each other’s throats.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds