I'm Calling it for Trump

23 Oct 2020 20:59 #1 by Rick
Yes, some of you are laughing right now.. that's ok.

After watching that debate and hearing Biden rattle off some really horrible economy killing ideas, I had this really warm feeling (I didn't pee my pants).

In the very unlikely case that I'm wrong, I'll call myself some really bad names, the day after the country ending loss.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Oct 2020 08:19 - 24 Oct 2020 08:19 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic I'm Calling it for Trump
U will wait awhile for that to happen, it WILL go to the SCOTUS because the king does not want to be
private citizen,he has MANY LEGAL problems awaiting him...what an incentive to hold on like a bulldog,(when it grabs your leg in its jaw and won't let go.....)

24 Oct 2020 09:49 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic I'm Calling it for Trump
Right now, I am leaning to an 80% chance of Senator Biden winning the election. Saw today that already 40 million Americans have voted. Record numbers of early voters. I would love it if states with early and mail in voting would start running daily updates for the election. I think this would increase turnout.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Oct 2020 09:53 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic I'm Calling it for Trump

FredHayek wrote: Right now, I am leaning to an 80% chance of Senator Biden winning the election. Saw today that already 40 million Americans have voted. Record numbers of early voters. I would love it if states with early and mail in voting would start running daily updates for the election. I think this would increase turnout.

80%? So are you basing this on polls or your gut feeling? I'm basing it on what Americans really care about and that would be financial security which would be in great danger under a Harris administration.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

24 Oct 2020 13:06 #5 by Pony Soldier
My gut feeling is that enough of the black vote will come out for Trump that it makes this into another win for Trump. My logic argues with that, but if Trump wins, it will only be because he went after the black demographic instead of just ceding it to the dems like every other Republican has done. Blacks have more to gain by voting for Trump and they are beginning to see that.

24 Oct 2020 13:45 #6 by Rick

Pony Soldier wrote: My gut feeling is that enough of the black vote will come out for Trump that it makes this into another win for Trump. My logic argues with that, but if Trump wins, it will only be because he went after the black demographic instead of just ceding it to the dems like every other Republican has done. Blacks have more to gain by voting for Trump and they are beginning to see that.

I agree, I think Trump will get at least double the black votes of any Republican in my lifetime. Blacks are figuring out that the Democrats don't care about helping them, they only want them to be dependent on them. Hispanics will also turn out for Trump in greater numbers despite what the media wants us to believe.

George Orwell

24 Oct 2020 14:35 #7 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic I'm Calling it for Trump
I am basing it partially on polls and partially on Trump fatigue. People are tired of his style and are okay with voting for Grampa Biden. And I think his campaign has been unable to convince America that Joe is senile.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Oct 2020 16:23 #8 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic I'm Calling it for Trump
The amount of votes, early is expected. People who have made up their minds vote early, why wait?
The Elector in this election consists of those who do not like Trump, regardless of policies, i.e they are voting personality and those who are pro- Trump, because of his policies, many of these find him abrasive but they have not lived in NYC.
40+ million have already voted, there are 100+ million to go.

24 Oct 2020 21:10 #9 by Rick

FredHayek wrote: I am basing it partially on polls and partially on Trump fatigue. People are tired of his style and are okay with voting for Grampa Biden. And I think his campaign has been unable to convince America that Joe is senile.

Well Fred, first you have to believe that, this time, the pollsters actually know what they are doing. You also have to know that the side that has control over the media probably also have a lot of pull when it comes to polls. Do you really think the people who create these polls are not like everyone else with the same biases? Theses polls have no purpose other than to influence voters... worthless.

As for your assertion that people are tired of Trump and just want to get back to "normal", I'm about 99.8% sure that that is an assumption on your part. How could you know what is in the minds of millions of people? Oh yeah, the polls.

I like you Fred, but I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

George Orwell

25 Oct 2020 07:53 #10 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic I'm Calling it for Trump
Polls are just ONE measure of movement...I do not find them very helpful...the numbers can deviate
radically,depending upon WHO is the source.

AGAIN, it will go to SCOTUS, for two reason. The king MUST win,and he will weld the "illegal" weapon as
his armor. TWO, the numbers,in my opinion,will not be a landslide (UNLESS Biden can consistently
pull double digit numbers in ALL polls)....he has a WEEK to accomplish that. I don't trust EXIT POLLS,so
I see this narrowing and the next step is the HIGH COURT. Just a guess ,wait and see

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds