DENVER BOARDS UP

02 Nov 2020 18:33 #1 by ramage
DENVER BOARDS UP was created by ramage
Businesses in downtown Denver have been told to board up due to the potential for "social unrest" after the election. Here is what I received from my downtown residence.
With the forthcoming election there is the potential of civil unrest. While we are confident that law enforcement and local authorities are doing all that they can to maintain law and order; we would like to remind everyone to be extra vigilant. Please report any suspicious activity or crimes in progress by calling 911.

As your property management team, we are diligent in our preparations and are performing the following measures:
• Loading dock dumpsters and other items that can be used to damage the property have been moved to secure locations.
• We have hired an additional guard for lobby and building patrols.
• Management staff have altered their schedules to be on site on Election Night.

We recommend residents consider the following:
• Please increase awareness to potential threats and watch for suspicious persons gathering outside, entering, moving around the building/office (potentially gathering information for illegal intentions).
• Report any directed threats to law enforcement and then inform Spire Management.
• Follow instructions from local law enforcement in the event of an evacuation or shelter in place recommendation and follow emergency procedures. The Emergency Action Plan is on Myspire.net under Community/General Info/Documents/Spire Emergency Action Plan.
• Make sure the door closes behind you when entering the building and report any piggybacking in the garage to the Courtesy Desk.
• Confirm that your vehicles are locked and any personal belonging are secured in your unit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Nov 2020 18:49 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic DENVER BOARDS UP
Sad that this generation feels they must loot and burn things down if the election doesn't go their way.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

02 Nov 2020 19:12 #3 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic DENVER BOARDS UP

FredHayek wrote: Sad that this generation feels they must loot and burn things down if the election doesn't go their way.

This is what happens when kids grow up thinking everybody should get a blue ribbon.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

02 Nov 2020 21:58 #4 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic DENVER BOARDS UP
And when they grow up learning that speech is violence and violence is speech.

newspeak
DICTIONARY

new·​speak | \ ˈnü-ˌspēk , ˈnyü- \
Definition of newspeak
: propagandistic language marked by euphemism, circumlocution, and the inversion of customary meanings

“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—for ever.”

― George Orwell, 1984

I hope not and I do not think so. Watched some CNN today. Jake Tapper looked like someone shot his dog and I clocked Erin Bernett(?) at 120 blinks per minute.

03 Nov 2020 04:47 #5 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic DENVER BOARDS UP
CNN will likely refuse to call the election if Trump is winning even if Trump is up by double digits this eveing. I get visions of Baghdad Bob every time I turn them on...

03 Nov 2020 07:56 #6 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic DENVER BOARDS UP
Sadly, what is happening in Denver shows that businesses and the public have no confidence in the Denver Police Department and elected officials to keep the peace and protect property.
A question for everyone, what would it take for you to go into downtown Denver of your own volition?

03 Nov 2020 08:01 #7 by FredHayek

ramage wrote: Sadly, what is happening in Denver shows that businesses and the public have no confidence in the Denver Police Department and elected officials to keep the peace and protect property.
A question for everyone, what would it take for you to go into downtown Denver of your own volition?

I know some Denver Police and they are not happy with the way Hancock makes them stand down and observe instead of going after the rioters.

03 Nov 2020 11:29 #8 by hillfarmer
Replied by hillfarmer on topic DENVER BOARDS UP
My turn for a prediction...it will be the far right and the white supremacists escalating their violence tonight when Trump loses. They have been the primary destroyers of property and this next flareup will be no different.

03 Nov 2020 12:30 #9 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic DENVER BOARDS UP
HillFarmer,
You have outed yourself as the Babylon Bee.

03 Nov 2020 13:12 #10 by FredHayek

hillfarmer wrote: My turn for a prediction...it will be the far right and the white supremacists escalating their violence tonight when Trump loses. They have been the primary destroyers of property and this next flareup will be no different.

Incorrect. The primary looters and arsonists have been ANTIFA and BLM sympathizers. Kamala Harris and celebrities were even raising funds to bail out these terrorists. Why would they bail out the KKK and Aryan Nation?

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds