PARLER....parallel universe

24 Nov 2020 07:02 #1 by homeagain
www.politico.com/news/2020/11/22/parler-...-echo-chamber-439056

Parallel Partisan platform for the disenfranchised...U think soc. media is mayhem? WATCH WHAT HAPPENS......divisive default to reality.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Nov 2020 07:41 #2 by FredHayek
Have you ever played a game even though you knew the rules were stacked against you? That is what Twitter is like. It is run by Jack Dorsey and his team will do a number of different things to stifle conservative comments and their creators. Removing followers is a huge one, so less people see their takes. It gets to be frustrating.
I will stay with Twitter because I like to read everyone's opinions and it is also a good way to monitor the enemy. I don't like Echo Chambers, but Jack needs to open up his platform otherwise it will become one.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

24 Nov 2020 11:01 #3 by Blazer Bob
Heaven forbid that there is a place where people can express themselves with out big brother moderating.

24 Nov 2020 11:27 - 24 Nov 2020 11:31 #4 by homeagain
U think soc. media is alienating our nation, YET there are at least two more outlets to spew forth hate,
division,fabrication of the facts,AND promote poss. physical violence.... HEY, no wonder we,as a nation,
are SO-O-O sucked up in division.

I do NOT inhabit ANY of those venues....this site allows me to still connect with the mountain....(which is
deeply missed and some of the void is filled)

24 Nov 2020 14:08 #5 by koobookie

Blazer Bob wrote: Heaven forbid that there is a place where people can express themselves with out big brother moderating.

I have several friends who have run off to parler. As I understand it, that site is a place where misinformation is not tagged as misinformation, where conspiracies are welcomed, and where Q is worshiped. They had complained for months on FB that their evidence had been deleted and censored by FB because "libruls can't handle the truth." It looks to me a lot like 4chan.

It's sad that there is a parallel universe where alternative facts are welcomed.

24 Nov 2020 14:11 #6 by FredHayek
Why is it always the Left that is so distrustful of free speech?

And why is it the Left thinks they don't fall for conspiracy theories? Like the idea that an American election could be overturned by a few thousand dollars spent by the Russians. Never proven. And highly unlikely with Hillary Clinton spending over one billion dollars to be elected.

HA, you should try some social media like here. If you want more leftwing conspiracy theories, I suggest democraticunderground.com.

24 Nov 2020 14:13 #7 by FredHayek

koobookie wrote:

Blazer Bob wrote: Heaven forbid that there is a place where people can express themselves with out big brother moderating.

I have several friends who have run off to parler. As I understand it, that site is a place where misinformation is not tagged as misinformation, where conspiracies are welcomed, and where Q is worshiped. They had complained for months on FB that their evidence had been deleted and censored by FB because "libruls can't handle the truth." It looks to me a lot like 4chan.

It's sad that there is a parallel universe where alternative facts are welcomed.

This isn't anything new. There have been crackpot websites from both sides since the internet started.

24 Nov 2020 14:17 #8 by koobookie

FredHayek wrote: Why is it always the Left that is so distrustful of free speech?

And why is it the Left thinks they don't fall for conspiracy theories? Like the idea that an American election could be overturned by a few thousand dollars spent by the Russians. Never proven. And highly unlikely with Hillary Clinton spending over one billion dollars to be elected.

HA, you should try some social media like here. If you want more leftwing conspiracy theories, I suggest democraticunderground.com.

It's not being "distrustful of free speech," it's knowing that lies, conspiracies, and disinformation is dangerous to society at large.

I will not go to democraticunderground or any other left wing conspiracy sites. That's also disinformation. It saddens me that friends I thought were intelligent are swallowing conspiracy theories like the Biden laptop story or, even worse, the antivax crap. So many of them say they have thousands of documents that prove their story, yet it's almost always linked to a right wing web site.

24 Nov 2020 14:20 #9 by FredHayek
Sadly the anti-vaxer's are a bipartisan group. On the good news side of things, if Pfizer gets the speedy approval they want, vaccines could start being given to seniors by 12/10. Great news.

24 Nov 2020 14:59 #10 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: Sadly the anti-vaxer's are a bipartisan group. On the good news side of things, if Pfizer gets the speedy approval they want, vaccines could start being given to seniors by 12/10. Great news.

I research medical material ALL THE TIME.....I realize the dire need for this vaccine, I also realize what
streamlining.expedited processes produce. ASK BOEING ABOUT EXPEDITING THE MAX....it is a
similar scenario.....human guinea pigs UNAWARE because full disclosure was not made.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds