Fundamental Changes: Post 2020?

24 Nov 2020 07:52 #1 by FredHayek
After nine months of shutdowns and contamination fears, you wonder how much will carry on even after the vaccine becomes mainstream. Will a significant group continue to wear masks? Will people still choose to self-isolate and stay away from large groups. I don't see everyone doing this, but I see the percentage who already do expanding. For those who get anxiety from work and school, Zoom lowers their fears.
But you do have to wonder what else they will be missing out on. Dating has to be down. Already businesses discourage dating between employees after #metoo, empty workplaces will just further decrease that. Weddings will be fewer.
Will being stuck at home increase births or decrease fertility?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Nov 2020 08:13 #2 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: After nine months of shutdowns and contamination fears, you wonder how much will carry on even after the vaccine becomes mainstream. Will a significant group continue to wear masks? Will people still choose to self-isolate and stay away from large groups. I don't see everyone doing this, but I see the percentage who already do expanding. For those who get anxiety from work and school, Zoom lowers their fears.
But you do have to wonder what else they will be missing out on. Dating has to be down. Already businesses discourage dating between employees after #metoo, empty workplaces will just further decrease that. Weddings will be fewer.
Will being stuck at home increase births or decrease fertility?

I'm a "grey goddess"...my understanding of the gen x and younger crowd.....they DON'T DATE, if anything they "hook up" or just" hang" texting....one on one actually physical face time is just not done. (and so sex
seems a non issue)

For those of us who are slightly introverted (have NO problem being alone)....life is basically the same.
HUGE difference, alone vs. lonely. From a metaphysical view....some solace, reflection, being resolute
is not a bad thing...in fact, I believe it is direly needed.

24 Nov 2020 14:26 #3 by FredHayek
Good point, crucible time. Some people will get stronger going about life on their own, but the isolation is dragging down so many.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds