REMEMBER fall/winter 2007.....

27 Nov 2020 12:56 - 27 Nov 2020 13:45 #1 by homeagain
www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/202...nks-collapse/612247/

looking forward (proactive stance).....REMEMBER summer/fall 2007 and the innocent assumption all was well with the financial world.....THEN 2008
BROKE the back of institutions,individuals and brought insane ramifications for ALL....this article relates what COULD be a repeat,because, as of
this moment, we are in that 2007 fall from innocence.

Back then it was CDO..(COLLATERAL DEBT OBLIGATIONS)that wrecked havoc, NOW we have CLO(COLLATERALIZE LOAN OBLIGATIONS) These
initials mean banks can keep debt OFF OF THEIR BOOKS....WELLS FARGO has 1 TRILLION off the books....banks are being opaque about their
finances (the stress test is a joke).....because of the pandemic, the EXTENDED outlook could be a re-do of the great recession.....AGAIN,the scenario is
one of COULD (one can only hope it is not would).....fair warned =fair situated IN CASE THERE IS A FALL.

ADDITIONAL FACTORS to back up the above

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Nov 2020 14:03 #2 by FredHayek
Some right wing conspiracy sites think that the housing market is about to collapse. Personally I don't see it. Interest rates are at record lows. Both parties want to send out more stimulus spending. Housing prices are increasing but it isn't a bubble like in 2007.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 Nov 2020 14:12 #3 by homeagain
U R dismissing the obvious....the pandemic has created a fubar...ADD ON the banks "off the books"
balance sheet and U have a bomb ready to activate....jmo

27 Nov 2020 14:39 #4 by FredHayek
Okay. We will see a year from now. BTW, I saw the bubble bursting in 2007 and 2008. Very different circumstances this time.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

28 Nov 2020 07:21 #5 by homeagain

FredHayek wrote: Okay. We will see a year from now. BTW, I saw the bubble bursting in 2007 and 2008. Very different circumstances this time.

I saw Lehman and ING go down in real time....BECAUSE Kramer was screaming IDIOTS...we sold our house in 10 days and closed on Dec. 7 2007......the handwriting was on the wall....QE THEN...QE NOW

www.forbes.com/sites/investor/2020/11/26...ole/?sh=57d246697e5a

08 Dec 2020 07:29 - 08 Dec 2020 07:32 #6 by homeagain
per REUTERS....pandemic and deadlines meetup.....watch what happens
FREEFALL...housing life line is NOT here and the deadline is NOW.....2007 rewind

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds