DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO

30 Nov 2020 17:27 #1 by ramage
High time this became a separate thread. Hancock, Denver, Coumo, NY, Newsom, CA. now we can add the superintendent of Schools, as follows:

SCHOOL SUPERINTENDENT VOTES ON REMOTE LEARNING WITH HIS KID’S FEET
Everyone with an ounce of common sense knows that remote learning is generally inferior to learning in school, and that it’s emotionally harmful to some children. Anyone who has studied the data is likely to conclude that keeping schools open doesn’t risk a harmful spread of the Wuhan coronavirus.

Alexandria’s public schools are closed. But this doesn’t mean the system’s school superintendent, Gregory Hutchings, Jr, lacks common sense or is oblivious to the data. It just means that he won’t apply what he knows beyond the confines of his family.

Hutchings has pulled one of his two children from the public school system he runs. He is sending that child to Bishop Ireton High School, a Catholic school that remains open.

powerlineblog.com 11/30/20

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Dec 2020 12:14 #2 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO
INTEGRITY has been MIA for a very long while...SSDD.

02 Dec 2020 10:47 #3 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO
I am very disappointed in President Elect Biden. He is against charter schools and alternatives to the failing public schools. So once again only those with money and ambition will get access to the best schools in the nation. This just locks in the upper class for another generation. But you have to keep the teacher's union happy, right?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 Dec 2020 13:10 #4 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic DO AS I SAY NOT AS I DO
Needs no explanation

Tony Plohetski
@tplohetski
·
Dec 2
EXCLUSIVE: Austin Mayor Steve Adler told the public to "stay home if you can...this is not the time to relax" in a Nov. 9 Facebook video. He did not disclose that he was at a timeshare in Cabo San Lucas after flying on a private jet with eight family members and guests.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds