Unity or Conformity?

18 Dec 2020 20:10 #1 by Rick
Unity or Conformity? was created by Rick
Now that the Democrats will hold the WH and Trump will be gone, I keep hearing about how Democrats will be pushing for 'unity'. I'm not sure that's the goal, but maybe someone hear could enlighten me as to how this unity campaign will be implemented. My belief is that the Democrats will only demand conformity but I'd love to be proven wrong. I also believe that many will duplicate Trump's style of insults but take them to a much higher level... they will become what has outraged them for the last four years and the media won't even notice the hypocrisy. I won't be outraged, I'll just be laughing.

Thoughts?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Dec 2020 20:44 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Unity or Conformity?
I'm sick of reading talk and opinions about people. I'd much rather spend my time and energy promoting and supporting those in my community who need and deserve it, or worrying about the issues that affect us all.

I sometimes wonder if anyone even notices the posts by businesses here? Patronize them when they post their specials? Register for their events? Donate when they express a need?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

19 Dec 2020 05:57 #3 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Unity or Conformity?
The new administration may give lip service to unity but it certainly won’t be a priority considering what they think of Trump supporters. There certainly will be no unity considering what Trump supporters think of the new administration. There will be no conformity.

19 Dec 2020 09:41 #4 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Unity or Conformity?

ScienceChic wrote: I'm sick of reading talk and opinions about people. I'd much rather spend my time and energy promoting and supporting those in my community who need and deserve it, or worrying about the issues that affect us all.

I sometimes wonder if anyone even notices the posts by businesses here? Patronize them when they post their specials? Register for their events? Donate when they express a need?

I'm surprised you can't see the point I'm trying to make SC. The power in Washington IS ABSOLUTELY the issue that affects us all. We are being divided and it started a long time ago and is only getting worse. We spent the last 4 years hearing about how Trump is dividing us while ignoring the damage Obama did when it comes to unity.

I agree with your point by the way and we should all support our local businesses, especially those that are being intentionally destroyed by our governor. But that's not what this thread is about, it's about the promise of unity and Biden's promise to "build back better". I'm just interested in how that is going to work.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

20 Dec 2020 12:30 #5 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Unity or Conformity?
I doubt we will see unity. Republicans can't even agree amongst themselves about if they should accept the results of the presidential election.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds