Covid-19 Relief Package Passes Congress and the Senate

22 Dec 2020 09:16 #1 by FredHayek
Will President Trump sign the 5500 page bill? Wow. 5500 pages, Obamacare only had 2500 pages. And once again Congress voted on it with less than 24 hours to read it.
This is called a Covid-19 relief package, but it wasn't Covid that caused all the economic misery, it was the business shutdowns that have 25% of Americans more than a few months late on their rent.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Dec 2020 09:54 #2 by Pony Soldier
It should be vetoed and a clean bill passed. This is bs.

22 Dec 2020 17:51 #3 by ramage

22 Dec 2020 18:08 #4 by ramage
President Trump just sent the bill back to Congress, telling them to cut the pork out and gove more money to the American people.

22 Dec 2020 18:54 #5 by Rick

ramage wrote: President Trump just sent the bill back to Congress, telling them to cut the pork out and gove more money to the American people.

Yeah, lets send billions overseas instead of to the people who actual pay for our bloated bureaucracy. Just think what it would be like with Democrats in control of everything.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

22 Dec 2020 19:43 #6 by Thumper100
Okay first off you should probably change the title of the thread because last I heard the senate is a part of congress. Second trump has done nothing about the bill other than slamming it. Third, I do agree that BOTH sides are screwing the average American with the baloney they cram in it but then again I'm hard pressed to find a time when that hasn't happened, sadly.

23 Dec 2020 07:52 #7 by FredHayek
AOC has a clean version ready to pass. I wonder if it will happen. You would think Congress would see how unpopular this foreign pork barrel crap is and craft something new.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

23 Dec 2020 08:04 #8 by homeagain
OMG....U mean ACO actually did something good? A big admission.I'm elated.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds